Rear camera colour swings

Hi,

Please ensure your Dash Cam is on Firmware version R19.1.

You can check the Firmware version by:
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording (by pressing the red circle)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘System Info’
6) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Please could you send a full piece of rear cam footage via wetransfer.com to support@nextbase.com, FAO Millie 42046.

We'll be able to take a look at it here.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Millie

I have a case open with Tech support I think the ticket number is 79093 and have uploaded a video on Sunday.

Hi Andy & Mille.
I have just purchased the 522GW with the rear cam. I am having the same issue as you. The front cam is fine and the colours are good, may be just a little vivid but Im not worried about that. The rear cam though does the same as yours, with colours changing from ok to a blue hue through to a green/yellow hue. Hope there is a fix for this.
Also Ive noticed that the battery appears to not hold its charge very well. Out of the box I did as the instructions said and charged it for the full 2 hours. The charge light went off at about 1¾ hours but i left it for the 2 hours or so. I left the cam off on a shelf, untouched until the following afternoon when I fitted the cam. When I turned it on to set it up the battery showed 1 bar !!! I have used the car/cam for about 3 hours now and decided to charge it last night. When I turned it on just now it showed 3 bars, but within 30 seconds it dropped to one bar on the battery. Wondering if the battery is duff and the unit needs replacing ???:unsure:
BTW I have the latest firmware. ;)
Any help or advice appreciated .

1. Fully charge it.
2. Switch it on.
3. Time how long it takes to switch off due to flat battery (ignore the bars etc. I think it should be 10 - 15 mins. Search the forum for Millie's timing)
4. Report the time here.

M8TJT, thanks for the advice. Tbh I never thought about just timing it :rolleyes: . I’ll make sure parking mode and g sensor are off as well. I’ll have to try tonight as I’m off to work :doctor: in an hour for a late shift. (Here’s hoping its a quiet one. That’s jinxed it now lol )
I’ll keep you posted.....

As promised here are the timings, which if Im honest, i'm impressed with compared to the initial performance. So here goes...

From fully charged to showing 2 bars - 3 mins
2 bars to 1 bar - 4:45mins
1 bar to no bars and low battery warning - 13mins
shut down at 13:25
Performance was far far better than what I had noticed previously :)

Just need to sort out the colour sway on the rear cam now.

Ive also noticed that the DAB signal/reception now seems weaker. At one part of my trip to work I always lost reception DAB/FM as I pass through a small 'valley'. I now seem to lose reception a bit earlier now although it returns at the same location. I have ferris cores fitted at each end of the cable of the rear cam. Don't fancy re-routing the cable just yet. May be in a few weeks after I look into routing it along the floor may be. :unsure:

Thanks for your advice M8TJT

It is fairly well reported that some rear camera cables advesely affect DAB radio reception. This 'feature' is by no means limited to NB. Having said that, I believe it was the DAB radio problem that delayed the 5xx rear camera.
What you should have done (now he tells me) and can still do with some inconvenience is to move the cable to the rear cam to the other side of the roof lining or possibly along the floor.

I expect @NextBase Support will pop along in a bit and comment on your timing, but from what I have read here, it sounds about right.

Afternoon. Well after my joy about battery life, it’s quickly turned to despair. After my timing test I fully charged the cam again. Just turned it back on while fitting back into the car, and after a few seconds I have the low battery warning and then the cam turned off. :mad::oops::mad:
I hope a nextbase rep (Millie ? ) has some advice on what I should do now. Return to store for a replacement???

First of all, sorry but this thread seems to be going off of subject, oops.
Yesterday I repeated the battery charge test and had similar results as the day before, in fact it didn't turn off until 15 mins had passed. So, recharged it ready for my trip to work once charged left it, off sd card removed, parking mode off. Few hours later setting the cam up in the car and had the low battery warning straight away. Can only think the battery is discharging somehow when switched off.
A call to Nextbase is in order I feel.

Hi Jon,

Please call 02920 866429 (UK) or email support@nextbase.com and our Engineers will be able to help you regarding this issue.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Jon,

Please call 02920 866429 (UK) or email support@nextbase.com and our Engineers will be able to help you regarding this issue.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
Morning Millie.

Thank you for your reply. :). Which of the issues Im having are you referring to, the poor battery life or the original thread item, rear camera colour sway ?

I have spoken to one of your colleagues, James, and he advised me to exchange my front camera when the shops open again due to the poor battery life.
Is there a fix for the rear camera colour sway?

Many thanks
Jon

Hi Jon,

When speaking to James, did you bring up the rear camera colour sway? The engineers will be able to provide more precise information at this time.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Millie.
To be honest I don't think I did say about the colour swing, I was thinking that may be the replacement camera, when I am able to exchange it, would cure this fault. May be this is not the case.
I'll give your CS a ring next week when Im not working. Unless you want to ring me as you are now aware of the issue??

Hi Jon,

Usually this would be possible, however due to the current Covid-19 situation, we have very limited staff available in the Support Office and we no longer offer a call back service.

Please call the support number on 02920 866429, and our staff will be able to respond as soon as it's possible for them to.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back