United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Duo w/ CF
Oh dear :(

My rear camera has been a bit glitchy of recent

Example

However now all I am getting is green.

Example

Running the custom FW 1.5 but I don' think its that which is causing the issue.

Any ideas?

Maybe the cable connections somewhere but worst case that's a warranty job if it's still covered?

Use back Pittasoft Firmware Ver1.009 and see if the cam or the cable. Basically cable, will give you the drakside :( (dark screen):)

I got exactly same capture like OP, cable checked ok. but the female jack on Front camera might defected (There was a time I unmount front camera from window without unplug rear camera cable).
Don't have time flashback v1.009 to see if this is software issue, but based on exp. I say no.

Weird.

I formatted the SD card this morning and plugged the camera directly into the cigarette socket (rather than using the PMP) and the rear camera seems to be working fine *fingers crossed* I Plan on checking the coaxial cable and PMP cabling over the weekend and will keep you updated.

I am very reluctant to upgrade the FW to 1.009 due to having the custom firmware which I have decided I can't live without although I don't believe it is a FW issue.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Weird.

I formatted the SD card this morning and plugged the camera directly into the cigarette socket (rather than using the PMP) and the rear camera seems to be working fine *fingers crossed* I Plan on checking the coaxial cable and PMP cabling over the weekend and will keep you updated.

Thank you all for your suggestions
Guess what, you are right. I did the same thing this morning, the cigarette port works for me too. I definitely look forward your update. And I will aslo check my pmp tomorrow.
Great thanks for OP info

There might be the power feed to camera to cause the problem, check it amp? It may go too low. In this case PMP is the culprit then.

I definitely look forward your update

Update!!!

So from Wednesday through to Saturday I had the camera connected to the cigarette port/socket and haven't had any glitchy video.

Changed it back to PMP Saturday evening and just checked my Monday morning commute and the glitchyness is back.

So now I need to find out if its the PMP box which is causing the issue, the caballing to the fuse box or if its where I have connected the wires.

I have one connected to the rear wiper and the other cable to the hazard lights. Will try alternative ones tomorrow.

Out of interest where do you lot have the red/yellow cable on your fusebox?

New Update!

Well now I don't know what to think. :confused:

Seeing as it messed up on my way to work I thought I would plug it into the Cigarette port on my journey home. Now the weird thing is it started glitching. So it messes up using PMG and the cigarette lighter socket.

If I look in my RMV I see the light on the rear camera flicker a lot. during my journey home there was a long period where there was no light at all. Here is the footage from that

• from 0:00 to 0:03 you can see it flicker (not as obvious when driving day compared to night)
  • from 0:04 to 0:06 it looses video feed (and image is flipped briefly)
  • from 0:06 to 0:29 the clock continues on increasing
  • at 0:29 the time jumps from 16:30:34 to 16:30:42
  • from o:29 to 0:36 nothing is shown. sound if recording but no road footage.
  • at :036 the picture comes back but at a severely reduced FPS
  • from 0:36 to 1:00 footage quality remains the same.
What's really interesting is between the time jump the image recorded is now mirrored.

To be honest I don't know where to go from here. :(

Last edited:
Another new update!

I think this will be my last update (hopefully) on the rear camera quality issue. Not sure if @yoho2ca will be interested in my findings? Over the last month my rear camera has been intermittent with recordings an quality. I decided to finally change the cable locations in my car.

Originally the coaxial cable ran down the left side of the vehicle and the power was down the right. Today I re-seated the PMP so now the power is on the left and the coaxial cable is running down the left.

Before Change

After Change

Yay Star Wars!!!! :cool: (ugh Content ID matched in first video so no audio)

There is a massive improvement in quality albeit a bit blocky but much better than I have been getting over the past month.

Sorry I'm not sure if I get @Anno655321 your meaning. Did you relocate the cable connection from the front camera? I checked mine rear cam recording yesterday, and I figure my problem is the definitely by the connection. Since I reconnect the cable "Not-fully-go-all-the-way" , like 90% of all the way into the female jack. I got no rear cam recording light blinking (white LED should stay on,normally).

Anyway, I could stay using like that, but I might go for a try buying a new rear cam cable & resolder a new female jack on the front camera late when I'm free.
Thanks for sharing your update.

Sorry I'm not sure if I get @Anno655321 your meaning.

Sorry, I'm rubbish at explaining myself. The coaxial cable originally ran along the top left of my car to the rear camera. Now its on the right. I will keep an eye on it though to see how it is over time.

Back