rear camera disconnecting

adsr2443

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems with the rear camera disconnecting? I've started automatically pulling my files over via WiFi, and it seems like it's hit or miss whether the "R" (rear camera) footage is on the camera, or just the "F" (front camera). If I reset the camera it will come back, but then it drops again at some point. Have 2 cameras in 2 cars, both are showing this issue. Camera is wired to an always-on power source, and it's set for an automatic nightly reboot...

Argh.

Have you checked cable is plugged in correctly Some earlier ones had troble with connectors

I am having this EXACT problem! It's happened 2 times now. Unplugged and reconnected the cables. Restarting the camera fixes it. Until 3 to 5 days later it happens again and rear camera disconnects. Was wondering why this was happening and thought maybe ambient temperature issues. Now I wonder if it's more widespread.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

maybe why they've added the scheduled reboot option in the firmware, have you updated to the latest firmware yet?

I am on the latest firmware.

Yes to parking mode yes to scheduled reboot. One thing I will add is that I only disconnected the cables and reconnected the cables after the second time it happened. It has not happened in 3 or 4 days I am continuing to monitor. If it happens again I will update this thread. Other than this issue it had been working flawlessly for about 6 weeks until the first time it happened about 10 days ago.

Quick update. It's been almost 10 days and this issue has not reoccurred since unplugging and replugging all cables and power cycling.

And... Rear camera disconnecting again. So problem is back. And in the new firmware from a few days ago. Rebooting fixes it. Strange problem. Will be changing firmware setting now to keep rear security LED on so I can see if it's a connection issue or something else.

Last edited:
I am having this exact same problem - the vendor isn't helping me at all. I believe the issue I'm having is that if it is cold inside the car when the camera is restarted then the rear camera doesn't come on, if it's warm, it does. Does this tally up with what you are experiencing at all?

We are going through some cold snaps. Maybe it is temp related. I am exchanging emails with my vendor now. Did not reset it yet been away.

We are going through some cold snaps. Maybe it is temp related. I am exchanging emails with my vendor now. Did not reset it yet been away.

My vendor is adamant that it isn't temperature related, however I am 90%+ sure it is. I've sent an email through to Blackvue support to see if I get any further forward with them - fingers crossed! Let me know how you get on with your vendor please.

I absolutely will!

I just got back from a one week vacation and the rear camera failed while I was away. My vendor emailed me and sent a tracking link for a replacement rear camera which to my surprise was waiting for me at my office today. I will install the replacement tonight. There was cold weather involved at last failure but not excessively cold like it was in early January. Anyway we will see if this solves it. Stay tuned and I'll edit this post once I install it.

I have two of these cameras installed in 2 cars. Both seem to have this issue. They'll disconnect one day, then be reconnected the next day. I have a script that pulls the files down, so I can see when the rear is disconnected. (I suspect even if this problem is widespread that most people would never even notice - how often do you connect to the camera and/or copy files over manually ... after the first couple of weeks when it's a fun new toy...).

I have them set up to reboot nightly, I'm guessing that is what "fixes" it. Also, I live in the boston area, so it's been cold here.

If anyone figures this out I'd love to hear the resolution....

Thanks!

I have two of these cameras installed in 2 cars. Both seem to have this issue. They'll disconnect one day, then be reconnected the next day. I have a script that pulls the files down, so I can see when the rear is disconnected. (I suspect even if this problem is widespread that most people would never even notice - how often do you connect to the camera and/or copy files over manually ... after the first couple of weeks when it's a fun new toy...).

I have them set up to reboot nightly, I'm guessing that is what "fixes" it. Also, I live in the boston area, so it's been cold here.

If anyone figures this out I'd love to hear the resolution....

Thanks!
Mine is set to reboot nightly as well however this does not seem to fix it. I must physically disconnect the power cable and reconnect it to fix it. Unless of course something else is wrong and it's not actually rebooting. Nonetheless I will try this new camera. How do I know if it's actually rebooting is there a log I can check?

I have no idea about a log, but if your camera is connected to "Blackvue Cloud" when it's parked at home, and you turn on notifications, then I seem to get "Blackvue Camera Disconnect" / "Connect" notifications on my phone in the middle of the night - so I assume that is the scheduled reboot happening.

Also, mine seems to disconnect for a day, then be reconnected for a day, etc. randomly. And I have not (other then once or twice) disconnected and reconnected the cables. So in my case it definitely doesn't *require* unplugging to fix it. (although maybe that helps... who knows)

Ok new rear replacement camera installed. Formatted SD card just in case and fresh power by removing and restoring power for fresh reboot. 29 degrees outside. No real cold snaps expected over next 2 weeks. We shall see if this works. I'll update in 30 days with progress or sooner if it fails.

Ok new rear replacement camera installed. Formatted SD card just in case and fresh power by removing and restoring power for fresh reboot. 29 degrees outside. No real cold snaps expected over next 2 weeks. We shall see if this works. I'll update in 30 days with progress or sooner if it fails.

Thanks! So Blackvue replaced the rear camera (but not the front)?

Thanks! So Blackvue replaced the rear camera (but not the front)?
Well technically my vendor replaced only the rear camera I assume the vendor will exchange it with blackvue but who knows. My vendor did not send a new front camera but that's fine I will see if the rear camera replacement works and if the problem continues I will request the front camera to be replaced also.

Back