rear camera disconnecting

Surely if the pin is so far off centre that it doesn't connect, then the plug would either not go into the socket or the pin would be bent right over when the plug has been forced into the socket.?

It seems like the way I had it plugged in initially pulled on the pin a bit.
It's kinda plugged in underneath the power cord - so the rear cable cord is a little tight underneath, but it seems to work intermittently when I have it plugged in the same way.
Plugged in any other way, seems like a wash.
Should check some footage to see if it was actually working this morning.

Had powered on and off my car 6 times over the weekend trying to make sure it was working, the last three times seemed to be good.. though I didn't see the LED light on this morning. :cautious:

Have you checked the voltage at the camera end to see if it is easily getting what the camera specifications call for and not borderline ?

Last edited:
Not sure if that was directed at OP or me, Lola.

I haven't checked any voltage, I'm not hardwired in and I got a brand new battery - so not sure if that'd really be my problem.
Checked my recordings, 6 successful "Starting recording" with both cameras working.
As of this morning, no rear camera even though it was working when I shut my car off last. :punch:

Hi,
Just started experiencing this issue about a week ago now. Working for two weeks beforehand no issues.
Running 1.009; Parking mode; 03:00 reboot; 128mb Blackvue Card; Cellink Neo Battery.

Looks like i have joined the club :(

I see there's a new firmware 1.010 - maybe?

Last edited:
Hey @Dave07,
Have you checked the actual pin on the cable?
Specifically, the end that connects to the front camera.

Bent pins are common, I haven't heard too many software related problems where the rear camera is intermittent.
For the record, I'm still using my bent pin cable.
Just had to connect it the way I initially connected (which bent the pin in the first place :confused:)

Same problems here with losing power to rear camera. I've noticed that it happens when cameras power down and then back up again. If car sits overnight it seems that just getting into the vehicle and starting the car drains enough voltage to shut down the camera. When it powers back up, more often than not, the rear cam won't reconnect. Only fix is to unplug power, unplug coax and plug them back in. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts. It's obviously not a cable issue, as they do work. It's got to be a glitch in the firmware I would think. Why would it turn off the rear cam after a power down and then require unplugging and replugging in order to reset?

I installed mine last year and had these issues all winter. The rear camera has been fine with warm weather but with the temperatures dropping below 45F or so recently, the disconnect issues have returned. I disconnect the power at the front unit, wait a minute or so, then reconnect it. This takes a few tries. I was disconnecting the coax cable to the rear camera also but today it worked only by disconnecting power a few times. I also have a power magic pro hooked up. Is this issue happening to anyone without a PMP hooked up?

I installed mine last year and had these issues all winter. The rear camera has been fine with warm weather but with the temperatures dropping below 45F or so recently, the disconnect issues have returned. I disconnect the power at the front unit, wait a minute or so, then reconnect it. This takes a few tries. I was disconnecting the coax cable to the rear camera also but today it worked only by disconnecting power a few times. I also have a power magic pro hooked up. Is this issue happening to anyone without a PMP hooked up?
I am using PMP as well. Had the same problem again this morning. Despite numerous attempts at disconnecting and reconnecting I could not get it to work. I made sure to install the latest firmware update and still no luck. Finally I pulled out the coax from the rear cam to inspect and found nothing wrong. Convinced that it would not work, I plugged it back in hot, and the camera instantly connected. I don't know what's going on with this, but it's working for now. We'll see what happens the next time the unit decides to power down.

I am using PMP as well. Had the same problem again this morning. Despite numerous attempts at disconnecting and reconnecting I could not get it to work. I made sure to install the latest firmware update and still no luck. Finally I pulled out the coax from the rear cam to inspect and found nothing wrong. Convinced that it would not work, I plugged it back in hot, and the camera instantly connected. I don't know what's going on with this, but it's working for now. We'll see what happens the next time the unit decides to power down.

I may try messing with the coax cable pin this weekend to see if it helps. Might not be cold enough to test for a few days though.

I thank my lucky stars and sideways thinking when I read these threads I Have a 750 in the front and a 450 in the rear and dont have all these problems The pair only cost me $490 AU inc a Power Magic pro

Well the short answer is that I did have scheduled reboot turned on but I suppose it was always charging because my reboot would happen at 3 a.m. but from the perspective of the dashcam it would not know if I was recharging or not

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hello Adam am a new member here.
I keep getting same problems rear cam disc.
Did you find out a solution about this

If not I think we all members need to urge black Vue to recall all dash cam and fix this ****, else we can miss crucial footage such as accident etc.
Thank you

FYI I have not had a rear cam disconnect on my 750. I suppose that's just put the kiss of death on it.

My 750s gets rear camera disconnected only after long time continuous use, like 3,4 days, and it happens only after shutting the camera off and immediately turning on, or the auto reboot at night. I shut the camera off at night now, since our driveway has a security camera, and rear camera has no problem.

Hello Adam am a new member here.
I keep getting same problems rear cam disc.
Did you find out a solution about this

If not I think we all members need to urge black Vue to recall all dash cam and fix this ****, else we can miss crucial footage such as accident etc.
Thank you
Back when this happened I had turned off the auto reboot feature, i. e , the firmware setting that automatically rebooted the cam at 3 am. This seemed to fix it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone had problems with the rear camera disconnecting? I've started automatically pulling my files over via WiFi, and it seems like it's hit or miss whether the "R" (rear camera) footage is on the camera, or just the "F" (front camera). If I reset the camera it will come back, but then it drops again at some point. Have 2 cameras in 2 cars, both are showing this issue. Camera is wired to an always-on power source, and it's set for an automatic nightly reboot...

Argh.

We all have. I just sent my cameras in to be checked out. I suggest turning the rear camera led on to know when it is connected/disconnected.

I had this issue with a previous firmware update earlier this year that was resolved after another firmware update and didn’t have any issues until updating to the latest firmware (September 2018 release).

Rear camera works until the reboots at night after that point the rear camera stays off and only the front camera is active (I witnessed it). Unplugging the power and re-plugging will make the rear turn on again. I reported this to Blackvue and they think it’s my camera but others on this forum experiencing this issue continue to have the issue with new cameras further making me think it’s a software issue.

I installed the camera in January and the car is almost always in a garage or parking garage out of heat or sun. No one messes with the camera or the wires so unless these fall apart from a few months of regular operation, I’m not sure how the issue could be my camera.

Last edited:
I just recently found this thread, but for this problem in particular I'll raise my hand and say "This has been happening to me, too".

Current set up is with:
- the latest firmware (1.011) released in September 2018.
- BlackVue B-124 Battery Ultra (had been running from a PMP), hardwired into the fusebox.
- Reboot is turned off
- Parking Mode Recording: Time Lapse (literally I just set it to this while writing this post reply, but it had been set to Motion & Impact Detection); I may change this one back very shortly.

Recording in Sports Mode

I generally do park outside. Heat should not be an issue at the moment, though colder temps may be starting to become; I installed window tinting a short time ago and also have a temperature/ humidity sensor in my car near the B-124 battery.

I'm only in the beginning stages of troubleshooting to see if I can find a consistency of when the rear camera disconnects.

When my rear camera disconnects I have to not only disconnect the power to the front camera, but also disconnect the cable from the front camera to the rear camera to get it to come back on.

Quick update to my last post a few days ago because I made some changes and I /may/ be having some success (I hope I didn't just jinx myself...).

Since Sunday I haven't had any rear camera failures. The variables that have changed for me since the last failure as occurred are:
- Changed out the SD Card to Samsung 128 GB Endurance (was using a Samsung 64GB EVO+).
- Changed Parking Mode Recording from Motion & Impact Detection to Time Lapse.
- Changed Sports Mode to Extreme Mode

If I had to guess I'd say the first two factors are maybe what are making the difference; I assume that since the Time Lapse is recording a frame a second that it is constantly getting feedback from the rear camera as opposed to waiting for it to "wake up".

Anyone whose been having the rear camera failures want to see if any of those setting changes makes a difference for them?
(Not requesting anyone go out and buy a new card, but the other two changes may help).

PS - If it helps, the temperature in my car has ranged from 25 degrees to 74 degrees (F) over this past week.

Back