Rear camera extension cable

How many wires are in this cable? Also, in theory, how far could one extend this cable and still get an acceptable signal from the lens module. This could open up some interesting possibilities such as on my pick-up truck for instance.

Why not just run a separate regular single 12 volt wire back to the trunk and then a link up to the camera? I'm over simplifying it but you should know what I mean.

Why not just run a separate regular single 12 volt wire back to the trunk and then a link up to the camera? I'm over simplifying it but you should know what I mean.

Since this is a two channel camera, the question here isn't so much about getting 12 volts to the lens module in the rear but getting a good video signal from the rear facing module back to the main camera up front. :)

Since this is a two channel camera, the question here isn't so much about getting 12 volts to the lens module in the rear but getting a good video signal from the rear facing module back to the main camera up front. :)

Oh, then I misunderstood what was going on, sorry for the interruption.

Hi @Rayman.Chan is it possible to produce and sell rear cam wire with different length?
When buyer ordering 0906 he could select wire length from list of wire length (4m, 6m or 8m).

that will be a big challenge for material preparation and stock, also a big challenge for distributors.

yes that is the critical point.
in our test, a 8meter cable will work, but 9meter will be too much signal mistake.

Hi Rayman, I would be interested in buying an 8m cable if you made them. Ho much would you charge? Alternatively (and preferably as I've already run the cable as far as the boot) I'd like to buy a 1.5m to 2m cable with round connectors on each end so that I could just extend what's there. I'm really not confident about soldering such fine wires. Such an extension could then be offered as an optional extra for convertible cars and long vehicles.

I have a 8meter cable on hand, which was cut&solder from 2pcs 6meter cables.
please send me mail rayman@megcn.com.

@Rayman.Chan I have exactly the same problem in Subaru Outback, I need to route rear camera cable on the floor to avoid removing headliner or blocking airbags, I just need 1 more meter to hide it nicely right now it is dangling in the trunk :(
I think the best solution would be extension cable with two sockets, one like on the rear camera and one like at the and of the cable. Would it be possible to get such an item?
If not could you tell me what is the name or manufacturer code of this sockets, maybe I will be able to find something on the market?

I also noticed that after installation DAB radio gets much worse reception, I cannot listen to some stations which used to work fine others drop sometimes, I bought a set with hardwire and I didn't yet do any debugging on what could be causing interferance do you know what could be causing that?

I'm guessing the camera cable uses a proprietary connector, so how about producing a USB 3.? connector adapter. Again, I'm guessing that 9 lines is enough? Just inform your buyers the minimum USB version they need. Also explain longer distance limitations eg wire guage (which might already be specified by USB - not sure) or lower resistance line materials. Perhaps HDMI or Display Port cabling would work better? Something universal anyway so we can buy the lengths we need locally. I'm guessing you use that connector to prevent customers from plugging the wrong cable into the wrong socket eh?

PS my need is the opposite of most folks; I wanted a half meter to 1 meter long connector...

PS my need is the opposite of most folks; I wanted a half meter to 1 meter long connector...
There is 0.5 meter short cable, which is used to mount the extending camera on front windshield, facing inside.

on K2S we will use USB-C connectors.

Back