Rear camera failure?

jpohling

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe the rear camera has failed in just a week of operation. I no longer am receiving any signal from the rear camera. This came to my attention when I came out this morning and the spot where the rear camera is mounted was all covered in dew. This has never been the case since installation as the warmth of the cameras keeps that little area free from the dew and clear on the windshield and the rear window. That seemed odd. Then I logged into the app and there was no real time image coming from the camera. I contacted Dashoto and am awaiting a response. Any other troubleshooting I can do? There do not appear to be any rear camera files either.

Could be video cable the reason.

Worked fine previously? I would suspect the camera over the cable

Double check the connections (unplug and plug back in). Could be either the rear cable or rear camera. I would lean toward a rear camera issue if your sure it's been working without issue until now.
How are you powering the camera?

Figured it out. When I switched parking mode to liw bit rate it didnt take and was on event detection. Not sure why it didnt record when I wentbdriving, but it seems to be working now.

Back