Rear Camera for Convertible Car

perrygascoine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Apologies if this has already been asked but I could not find it via search.

I have purchased a Nextbase 512GW dash cam and now would like to add the rear camera. The issue I have is my car is a convertible therefore when the roof is down I will have to manually remove the camera and then have no recording. Is there an option to mount this camera somewhere else than the rear window – externally, back of rear seat head rests etc?

Thanks

Perry

Hello Perry,

You can attach the adhesive to wherever you like/it will stick.

There isn't currently the option to rotate display so it would have to be right way up.

I would recommend (if it gives a good view) to attach to the underneath/to the back of the headrest, see image below.

Last edited:
Hello Perry,

You can attach the adhesive to wherever you like/it will stick.

There isn't currently the option to rotate display so it would have to be right way up.

I would recommend (if it gives a good view) to attach to the underneath/to the back of the headrest, see image below.
Thanks Tiffany.

I assume the wire for power would have to run down the side of the headrest and then into side panel of the car?

Yes - thinking of 70mph winds on a motorway I'd recommend wiring it down the seat and into the centre console? Alternatively down the other side and into the foot-wells?

Flapping wires could become dangerous if left swinging.

Back