Rear Camera installation

Going for a short update firmware on SG camera and shopping for my breakfast ( 8 in the morning in Denmark now ) but i will be back in a good half hour if there are more questions to help with.

Yes instead of sticking to the window i just did to the magnet instead, for many years the same magnet have held single cameras in place there ( mobius and others ) as i want to bring the whole camera and not have to mess with the little spring loaded memory cards in the car.
And with the way the wire plug into the rear camera i was not able to mount it on the glass unless it had to be pretty low on it then, and i am a sucker for a stealthy install, so the old magnet came in handy again.
If your Toyota have some plastic trim there on the hatch you could mount off that, but then you probably need another kind of dual sided tape as the one that come with the dashcams are made for flat glass, and plastic trim are not that flat a surface.
But you can always use the included sticky pad at first, just don't be surprised if it let go of the plastic trim after a while.

I have the lens right up against the glass so i don't have any of the heater elements in the rear window in the footage.
Did your rear camera come with a mount? (just going by DOA, doesn't look like it does) where abouts did you buy your rear camera from?

I think these do come with a mount just like the front camera, so a T shaped peg that go into a similar track.
But i have not had the 2 parts taken apart i take off the whole camera and magnet off when i clean the rear window on the inside,,,,, as a dashcam owner you will find keeping glass clean become more important than ever.
Actually before i got dashcams only "cleaning" i can recall me doing in the past was to remove dew on the inside of the windscreen and snow / ice on the outside in winter,,,,,, and back then i smoked,,,, anything in my car.

Did your rear camera come with a mount? (just going by DOA, doesn't look like it does) where abouts did you buy your rear camera from?
don't worry about the picture, it comes with the mount, cables etc, it's how we supply them

For sure i have never gotten a parcel from SG and felt like anything was missing in there. i dont think the brand do half solutions,,,,,,, allso took a while before they made a upgrade able solution like you have gotten with a front camera you later can add a rear camera to.

For sure i have never gotten a parcel from SG and felt like anything was missing in there. i dont think the brand do half solutions,,,,,,, allso took a while before they made a upgrade able solution like you have gotten with a front camera you later can add a rear camera to.
Thanks for all your help, think I'll just buy this rear camera from the official website

Yeah, its a good track i feel, if its not too expensive to make front cameras with the option to add one more later, then why wouldn't you do that i ask myself.
And then its 100% up to people to get what they want, and the are not forced to pay dual channel money if they are not quite dual channel people just yet.

Just saw a TV program here, so people should list capitols not having a A in the name, and some guy went Sydney :sleep:

A faceplant moment for a wanna be Aussie like me

Yeah, its a good track i feel, if its not too expensive to make front cameras with the option to add one more later, then why wouldn't you do that i ask myself.
And then its 100% up to people to get what they want, and the are not forced to pay dual channel money if they are not quite dual channel people just yet.
some people know what they want and will go straight to 2 channel, others buy a front camera and then come looking for a second camera

People decide, i am big on that concept.
So now we just make so people can make a informed decisions on what to do, or stand by in here and help people as they materialize with their questions.
Its also why i have such a "problem" with my phone, there are so much on it i have not asked for, and i get a tad frustrated when i can not remove it.

The "big" problem wit hte MI9 is the icons that was spread out over 2 desktops i have had to put into 4 folders on the bottom of one desktop, but the frustrating problem then is i cant even delete those short cuts so i am forced to have 4 folders when i could make do with 1 - 2 of those.

The "big" problem wit hte MI9 is the icons that was spread out over 2 desktops i have had to put into 4 folders on the bottom of one desktop, but the frustrating problem then is i cant even delete those short cuts so i am forced to have 4 folders when i could make do with 1 - 2 of those.
yeah not a fan of the forced software, that's why I have the Nokia and Motorola, no bloatware

Totally agree, would make life so much easier! Especially
I think these do come with a mount just like the front camera, so a T shaped peg that go into a similar track.
But i have not had the 2 parts taken apart i take off the whole camera and magnet off when i clean the rear window on the inside,,,,, as a dashcam owner you will find keeping glass clean become more important than ever.
Actually before i got dashcams only "cleaning" i can recall me doing in the past was to remove dew on the inside of the windscreen and snow / ice on the outside in winter,,,,,, and back then i smoked,,,, anything in my car.
I never clean my windows I still have marks from my 'P' plate signs from 6 months ago I'll clean it one day hahaha

Sorry for the trouble, never had a rear camera before
Be careful, cameras are addictive - kind of like drugs. :D First you have a front cam, then a rear. Before long you decide side cameras are good also, then a front cam with telephoto lens, then rear with telephoto, then a third front camera in case one fails, etc. It's never ending...

Maybe @kamkar1 will post a picture of his car with his cameras in all their glory, and his power supply modifications to power them to show what I mean.

I never clean my windows I still have marks from my 'P' plate signs from 6 months ago I'll clean it one day hahaha
Surprised that you haven't already given the radical difference in video quality with clean glass, especially at night.

I have a few pics around page 54 in the how your cameras are installed thread in the general forum.
But by chance its not really that bad, only 4 cameras on the windscreen at the time.

A little cabin footage here.

I dont have my zoom camera operating ATM the MAXI went weird on me ( i have not been too lucky with newer mobius cameras )

Be careful, cameras are addictive - kind of like drugs. :D

Nah man, it's not addicting. I've only got 7 channels of cams recording in the workvan. I'm still thinking of how to best use more.... o_O:ROFLMAO::love:

But seriously DT MI is right- some of us do go a bit overboard with this although I can't see any harm in it. While a front cam is almost always sufficient, IMHO the benefit of a rear cam makes the cost worthwhile. Beyond that the benefits of more cams becomes questionable, but it's fun anyway ;)

Phil

Back