Rear camera intermittent

jswish07

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought the 900s a few months ago and now my rear camera is intermittent. When it works it stays on for a few minutes then turns off. Do you guys think it's the cable or is my rear camera bad? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cable is a common fault on them, check the connections are firmly seated and not damaged at all

The coaxial cable is a lot stronger now than before, but yes, do check the pins on the ends of both cables are not bent or snapped off. Also check the port connectors on the front and rear cameras to see that they're not damaged.

Is the coaxial cable pinched tightly from the installation? If so, could be this issue as well.

If none of these work, try a firmware reflash from BlackVue's website: http://blackvue.com/downloads

It’s coaxial cable so it must be punctured pretty hard to be defective. (Blackbox is faster :))

I have the same issue. After few months(and one replaced unit) rear camera began to have connection issues. Sometimes it works for days, sometimes it’s not able to handle a single day.

Coax cable will change capacitance when compressed or bent too sharply in a turn. Whether this would affect a dashcam's functioning I do not know for certain, but it might.

Phil

Awesome thanks everyone for the response. I will take a look at the cable and pins this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back