Rear Camera Lead.

Jonro2009

Reaction score
I took my camera in the house last night, I don't normally. When I went to put it back in this morning I could not get the rear cam lead in, it came out easily but just will not go back in.

It looks as though something has broken inside the end of the lead - see pic. I can easily put the other end of the lead in if I take it to the rear and unplug that, and it powers up fine and records.

Does this look wrong to you? I've included pics of both ends of the lead and the socket on the cam. Any help would be great. I have ordered a new 6m lead today to test it.

Looking at it it seems that something may have broken inside the camera and remained in the end of the lead??
691c58b75276a35c9508fbbc54cdd09f.jpg
0d304a2e9907fa05e2474c4ff63f934d.jpg
d7000372a7720dbb83f4d2eb9e32465d.jpg
e4697d798d4523e5ed4c2218404e5dbd.jpg
68379dcb3ecb6e629f703e1c49bf09ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did you try to use an adapter or other cable with the Viofo rear cable?

Did you try to use an adapter or other cable with the Viofo rear cable?

Thanks for your reply.

I have only ever had it connected directly to the camera as it was meant to be. I don’t really understand what has happened. Is there any way at all you could take a photo of the end of your lead and the socket on the camera? It’s the straight end of the lead and not the right angled one. I would be so grateful if you, or anyone could do that for me.

I can post some pictures later, but maybe some others can post sooner. The only time I have ever seen this is when a user has tried to use the cable with a USB adapter. What does the port on the rear camera look like?

I can't get to the back of it properly to see, it's quite tight up against the rear headliner to get the camera in

So just to clarify, you plugged the 90 degree end into the rear camera and the straight end into the front camera correct?

Yes, that’s what I did. It suited my install to do it that way.
The same setup as mine and mines has worked perfectly, the picture of the USB socket looks as if it has crumbled but have never seen that before at all and I've seen loads of people pushing these type sockets into things wrong way round but have only bent the pins but nothing like the picture shows

The same setup as mine and mines has worked perfectly, the picture of the USB socket looks as if it has crumbled but have never seen that before at all and I've seen loads of people pushing these type sockets into things wrong way round but have only bent the pins but nothing like the picture shows

So would you think that even if I got a new lead then it would not work and the socket insides have crumbled in the lead and come away with it?

The camera itself is damaged?

So would you think that even if I got a new lead then it would not work and the socket insides have crumbled in the lead and come away with it?

The camera itself is damaged?
How do you know the camera is damaged sorry.... Does the front camera power on as the sockets on the camera look fine

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_193731.jpg
    IMG_20190410_193731.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 17
How do you know the camera is damaged sorry.... Does the front camera power on as the sockets on the camera look fine
Sorry, I meant to say 'is the camera itself damaged?'

The came powers up and will record front only. Your pics are perfect, it looks like the sockets are fine on mine compared to yours so a new lead should resolve it.

Unsure what has happened to the end of the lead though, looks like something has snapped inside it but I came figure out where from

New lead arriving today, hoping that will fix the problem

New lead arrived today, tested and working perfectly. No idea what the problem was with the original lead or what the plastic bit inside the end of it was. I'm just glad it's working now, thanks for the responses [emoji106]

Back