Rear Camera Mounting

zephiris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm planning to get the SGGCX2PRO with the rear camera, but not sure how I should mount the rear camera. I have tints on my windows, so I'm a little hesitant on sticking it on the tints, with the worry of it ripping off the tints in case i need to remove it for some reason. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to mount it?

I have the 2013 Honda Accord, if anyone was curious which car it's going in.

Thanks

As i understand it people have successfully removed stick on mounts from tinted windows, just have to be more careful when you do it.
You could also just leave the plastic mount behind, its just a little piece of plastic most wouldn't even notice.

Actually I just installed mine last weekend with the SGR291CAM for rear cam. At first I stuck it right in the mid-line of the rear window, but then upon reviewing the video, I noted there is a blurry vertical line (demister line) on my video. Silly amateur me. I had to pry the camera off slowly with the included plastic interior trim remover, and moved it to a better location. It didn't affect the tint on the rear window, thank goodness :)

Back