Rear camera no picture

aggie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rear camera showing pink& White square only no video. Front camera working ok

Is this a new installation? Or a fault that has just occurred?

An intermittent fault which came online a couple of months after installation by Halfords. Sometime it's OK then it reverts to a pink and white square. I've formated the Nextbase card and cleaned the rear camera lens all to no avail.

I can only offer, remove and clean all connections, if you can get to the cabling, ensure there are no cuts or tears and the outer sheath and therefore shorting against the car body somehow. I doubt if the sd card is anything to do with the problem but more a rear camera issue. Do you have any friends that use the same system? You could just swap golf balls and see if that make a difference. Try that before you start stripping out the cables for inspection.

check the connector on the rear cam, its very easy to have plugged it in not enough, you need to press it until you hear the click. made this mistake a few times with my old rear camera

Many thanks for the replies. I've done everything suggested but still no joy so pits back to halfords to see what they come up with. The back camera still showing alternate white and pink squares.

Hi,
It sounds like the rear camera is faulty and requires replacing. Hopefully Halfords have replaced the camera and got you up and running again.
Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thanks for your support. I went back to halfords and explained my problem. Great customer service the technician came out to the car and had me up and running in no time. A cable connection to the rear camera hidden in the roof lining had come loose. So all is well thanks everyone.

Back