Rear camera not working after reconnecting the wires

azhar104

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I bought a 3 in one back camera (two ultrasonic sensors and one camera in center), as in pic. In order to avoid 13 mm hole I cut the wires. there were 4 wires black, white, green and yellow. I reconnected all the wires but camera stopped functioning. Why it happened that by reconnecting wires the camera is not functioning. My second question is ho can I use back up rear view camera as front view camera?? s-l1600.jpg)

Welcome to DCT :)
Was it functioning properly before you cut the wires? If so then I'd inspect where you did the re-connection. Not familiar with that exact cam- which one is it?

Phil

Thanks, before it was functioning. see how I have connected wires. I checked the connections with multimetreIMAG0115.jpg

Did you use a voltmeter to check if you get power to the camera? Measure before the connections (the white clamps) and after. Is it running on 12 volt?

Thanks, jokiin. I cut the wires at one time.
rzvmad I did not checked current going to volt meter but Led get on and there is constant beep from the sonar sensors but no video signals. My other question can I make reverse view camera a front view camera?? I saw a youtube where cutting green and white wire eliminates the mirror effect and the line markings

if you cut one at a time then should be no issue from that, nothing in your pictures suggests this one has the mirror reverse output option needed to be used as a front camera

Jokiin
thanks so is there any remedy. I did not ask for this same camera but for any universal rear view camera, can its mirror effect be eliminated

Back