Rear Camera Orientation

knapp7

Reaction score
Country
United States
New SG9633DCPro+ owner here. I'm anxious to finally get it installed, and am wondering if there is a right or wrong way to position the tubular-styled rear camera in it's window mount. Or asked a different way, does it have a top & bottom side? It can go in from either the right or left. I assume it does not matter. But I also don't want to inadvertently do it wrong and have my video record up side down. o_O

Thanks.

you can place it like you please there is a option in the menus to flip things to the right orientation if thats not how it was mounted.
Of course you can not mount it sideways, there is no option to flip the image just 90 degrees.
So just install the way your wire management fit best, and then flip/rotate in the menu if needed.

Thanks for the quick response as I'm installing the camera this afternoon.

Sure enough, I installed the rear camera upside down. But thanks to kamkar I found the Camera2 settings to invert the video. Good thing too, cause looking at an upside down video gets weird real fast.

It is worse when a camera can flip the footage the right way up, but dont take into account mirroring too, i tried that not long ago, and suddenly i was driving on the wrong side of the road and license plates was messed up

Back