Rear camera parking files are larger than front camera ones.

mockbuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a viofo A129 plus with the latest firmware on both cameras (I think is 1.4). I'm using the low bitrate parking mode and I have observed a strange behavior.

Each 3 minute front camera parking video file has a size around 89MB using a 1440p 30fps resolution. However, rear video camera files are way larger, around 190MB per file recording at 1080p 30fps. Front camera bitrate is around 3800kpbs and rear is 8400kbps. Does this make any sense? I'm using H264 as it comes by default.

U8Efh6e.png

Yes, seeing the same thing, rear low bit rate is more than double the front.
Also noticed if you change the bitrate for normal recording it only actually changes the setting for the front camera, the rear camera remains at 18.3 mbps
I have firmware 1.4 (Front) V1.3_20201210 (Rear) - this is what is on the Viofo website

Also noticed if you change the bitrate for normal recording it only actually changes the setting for the front camera, the rear camera remains at 18.3 mbps
bitrate on the rear is fixed, that's correct, only the front is adjustable bitrate

Is that a limitation of the chipset?
What about low bit rate for parking, is 8. 5mbps the lowest it can go to?

Is that a limitation of the chipset?
What about low bit rate for parking, is 8. 5mbps the lowest it can go to?
the settings for parking can be adjusted and they can be lower than that no issue, the rear parking files being higher bitrate than the front is likely an oversight, they'd be able to address that in a firmware update

Thanks Jokiin, out of curiosity, could you explain why during normal recording the rear bitrate is fixed - does the chipset only have 2 modes available?

Thanks Jokiin, out of curiosity, could you explain why during normal recording the rear bitrate is fixed - does the chipset only have 2 modes available?
rear channel needs to be a fixed bitrate for best stability

Back