Rear camera problems

WillL84

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750S-2CH
I usually unplug my dash cam every day when I get home and bring the SD card in to get the clips for my YT channel. Occasionally I'll leave it plugged in if I have nothing of interest from that day. I currently have it set to the 12-hour parking mode with the OBD power adapter.

I've noticed that if I leave it plugged in and the timer runs out (say I get home at 3:30PM it'll shut down at 3:30ish AM) then when I get in my car at 6AM to leave and it powers up it won't record ANY video from the rear camera - like it's not there. If I then unplug the camera when I get to work and plug it back in for the drive home it records rear video just fine.

I'm running the latest firmware. This is really annoying as the entire drive to work in the AM has no rear camera footage. Anyone have any ideas?

Shouldn't behave like this, would suggest a firmware reflash per here https://blackvue.com/downloads
Ok so I did the reflash and left it overnight Sunday night.

Just checking the footage now and once again there's no rear camera. The box in red is the end of the recording before it hit the 6 hour limit and to the right of that is the fresh boot from this morning and you can see there's no rear camera footage at all. You can see that it was recording the rear camera in parking mode until the timer ran out.

View attachment 55800

Now I unplugged camera power when I got to work like I normally do and then plugged it back in when I left. You can see in this image the red box is where that started and I once again have a rear camera.

View attachment 55801

I just looked again and it skipped nearly an entire hour yesterday while in parking mode. You can see where the highlighted clips end that it was 5:45PM and then it starts again at 6:38 PM. Also the clips from today and yesterday (3/15 and 3/14) are an hour off due to me not fixing the camera time yet from DST kicking in.

Untitled3.png

Front and rear cameras would likely need to be replaced. Are you under warranty from the vendor you purchased from?

Try reflashing to a previous working firmware.

I had the same issue when I upgraded to the latest firmware, using the previous working firmware helped.

Back