Rear Camera Quality - night

mikee1216

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if it's normal but the rear camera of my f800 pro seems to be a bit grainy and poor compared to the front. I have nightvision on only for parking and both brightness setting set to mid. I've tried high on rear and still looks the same. Am I missing something?
Here is a link to a sample video of my car's rear camera. I'll upload more comparison videos between thinkware f800 pro and mini 0906.

Thinkware f800 pro rear camera mid brightness

You should point more down the camera so the image to be better balanced by the firmware.
I consider that grain was introduced in video encoding to avoid appearing macroblocks on the video when bitrate is too low. A neat/clean encoded image can suffer from macroblocks but that grains which are always moving is helping the codec.

enjoy,
Mtz

I had it originally pointed lower, but a reflection of the rear deck was too visible. Does, yours look the same? I'm just a little confused, because the sample image on youtube from blackboxmycar looks so great. I'm not sure though if it's because of the lighting from buildings and streets.

Back