Rear Camera Replacement RC100F- FULL 1080HD??

Adam H.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I want to buy the rear RC100F FULL HD 1080 camera and switch it from the 720p. I have the 650S-2CH -- will the Full HD 1080 camera work and compatible? Blackvue says the coaxial cable is the same but it will not record - is this true, if so why not? I want full HD in the back -- just got the 650S and dont want to spend another $400-$500 AGAIN on new model. Does anybody know?

Well, if BV say it won't work, there is every chance it won't. My 550 rear camera does not work with my 750 if that's anything to go by.
I'll have to try the 750 rear cam on the 550 sometime and see what happens,

Yeah it's weird because they say coaxial is the same but wont record. Also. I called a local dashcam store and they say yes will work fine. Wondering if blackvue just wants to make more money and have me buy a brand new set cameras.

I don't think that the method of connection is directly relevant. Cable the same, check; connectors the same, check; devices compatible??? :unsure:
My TV uses a coaxial connection from the aerial, but it wont display a picture from my 750 rear camera (even if I used an adaptor).:devilish:
However, taking my tongue out of my cheek, if your local dashcam store says it will, then pop along and ask them to demonstrate on your setup, then please report back on the result for the benefit of others here.:love:

I decided to go ahead and purchase one online with free return options. I will report when it arrives and I test

That will deffo prove it one way or the other. Good luck buddy.

Well I decided to just check in. Turns out I wont be able to see if that one will work. The seller I bought it from in ebay decided to cancel my order for me because I told him I had the 650 and he knew it wouldn't work. I guess oh well even though I was gonna give it a try. Guess I'll move onto something else or another blackvue eventually.

Back