Rear camera solution for 512GW

Danger Close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
NextBase 512GW
Now NextBase has discontinued the rear camera for the older models, are people using other cameras as a possible solution? Would different cameras work? Using a USB adaptor, would the series 2 rear cameras work on the older models?

Last edited:

NextBase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Hi there,

So the 512GWRC has now no longer in production or sold by us. Regarding Rear Cameras there are 2 options:

1) I'd recommend using a separate Camera such as a 312GW or 122 on the rear windscreen. You will need a separate power supply and SD card as it will not connect to your 512GW, but can be used as a Camera facing rearwards. The prices are comparable with the Series 2 Rear Cams, and if you'd like to keep using your 512GW, is the most viable option.
2) If you upgrade to a Series 2 Camera, there are 3 different Series 2 Rear Cameras that are all compatible with the 322GW, 422GW, 522GW and 622GW. Unfortunately the Series 2 Rear Cameras will not work with any other devices apart from the ones I have listed above. These Rear Cams do not require separate powering or SD cards.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase