Rear dash cam only?

mizfiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I know absolutely nothing about dash cams so forgive me. My job involves a fair bit of driving and I find I'm tail gated on a regular basis which bugs me. I thought about getting a rear dash cam just to feel a bit safer if that makes sense. If anything happens I can do something about it i.e complain to police.
I wonder if it's possible to have a rear dash cam only? Or do you have to have dual? Advice welcome.

Any single camera you can use in the back too, for years many of us addicts have used single cameras on all sides of our cars.
But most often single cameras are a lot larger than the rear camera in dual systems, me personally i would not like a "big" camera on my rear window.

The mobius i have used for a long time first as a rear camera and after that as the camera on the left side on my car, its matchbox size har verly small on the glass as the lens are on the end.

One problem is powering it back there if your car dont have a 12 V outlet back there, if you use a long USB wire from the front it better be a good quality one, cuz if you dont you will have a flaky camera like i had when i was rear ended so that was not captured on video on that camera.

You could use any single dash cam for the rear. Advantage with dual channel models is the rear camera is considerably smaller and looks a lot more discreet.

Back