Rear dash cam

JockoT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119 V3 Nextbase NBDVR512G
I have an A119 V3 and I am delighted with it. Still running 2.4 firmware (too timid to upgrade). Why fiddle with something that's working.
My old NextBase 512G has been in use as a home security camera but I decided to use it as a rear dashcam in my 2006 Honda Jazz.
Since moving to a new house I seldom have a need to use the car so instead of running power to the camera I have a PowerAdd battery pack
in the boot and I just plug the camera into that. The system works great. I connect it up when I leave the house and leave it running until I return.
The card is big enough to accommodate several days of driving. As a rear-facing camera doesn't need the acutance of a front-facing camera it is more than sufficient
for the purpose. I just have to remember to occasionally wipe the rear screen when driving in the rain.

thats a nice setup tbh, all i would advise is to use the adhesive mount on the 512g, that suction mount has enough trouble staying on the front screen nevermind the rear screen with the heating wires and the slamming of the boot:ROFLMAO: im interested to see your setup, could you maybe post some pictures of it when you get the chance

Last edited:
Back