Rear Dashcam And Privacy (Europe)

Oh - and in Switzerland, there is a "new" rule since 2014/1/1: if your car is not equiped with daylight, you have to turn on the normal light all day... When Police reminds you, that costs 60 CHF... (about 50 Dollar) ;)
Is that even if there is full sunshine?

Everyone in Switzerland used to have the lights on anyway when the sun was behind cloud, then when I get back to UK everyone is driving around in dusk with not even sidelights!

Unfortunatly - yes...

I guess such laws can only pass if the members of the two chambers have seen far to less sunlight in the months before the vote...

Unfortunatly - yes...

I guess such laws can only pass if the members of the two chambers have seen far to less sunlight in the months before the vote...
Can't see that getting through here, we worry about having a little 20ma led on the front of the TV wasting power so 110W of headlamp bulbs wasting fuel and adding CO2 to the atmosphere is ridiculous!

Can't see that getting through here, we worry about having a little 20ma led on the front of the TV wasting power so 110W of headlamp bulbs wasting fuel and adding CO2 to the atmosphere is ridiculous!

Since returning from europe in 1997 i have always driven the uk with dipped lights on and its only the last few years since daylights came in that people dont flash me and seem to get angry i my having done so !

"Be seen,be safe " and god knows it seems to obligatory for oncoming cars to zip around blind bends on country roads on the wrong side of the road in the uk ...

... the thing with the light is nothing; if the News haven't been wrong, then the Germans are discussion a "traffic jam-tax" where everyone having the pleasure to enjoy the highways surroundings while nothing goes has to pay a special fee...
http://www.rp-online.de/wirtschaft/experten-fordern-stau-maut-aid-1.4676063 (have not found an english version)
And then once they have got the satellite tracking in every vehicle they can fine you every time you break the speed limit and they will know exactly where you are at all times!

It is things like that which make the UK want to leave the EU and join Switzerland as a separate country so that the Germans can not make our laws!

Since returning from europe in 1997 i have always driven the uk with dipped lights on and its only the last few years since daylights came in that people dont flash me and seem to get angry i my having done so !

"Be seen,be safe " and god knows it seems to obligatory for oncoming cars to zip around blind bends on country roads on the wrong side of the road in the uk ...
It seems sensible and I always put my sidelights on if it isn't sunny but I don't see the evidence that it actually helps - the UK has one of the lowest accident rates in the world!

Actually, with the "Ausländermaut" (Highway-Fee just for Foreigners (German will get the money back via Taxrefund on "Vehicle-Tax"(?))) the Germans will have just that, as they, for some reasons no intelligent lifeform can determine, won't make a vignette like Switzerland or Austria, but a Numberplate-Control-Based variant which requires NEW stations (they can't even put the "TollCollect" System in use, they'll need completly new towers)....

But EFTA would gain back some Power when GB would leave EU and rejoyn... (EFTA was a more flexible "Freetrade-Zone" then EWR has ever been)... EU is out of control, no peace-project anymore... But that's off topic ;)

Acc. the Light-Issue:
I've always been driving with lights on - as I'm living "in the country" (at least what's left from, many changes in the last 5 years...), where there are fast changes between "open space" and forest or "shadow" (due to some hills)... It realy is "be seen, be safe"...

Back