Rear dashcam hardwire through gap between headliner and car roof

TheBelfastKnight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Need some advice on hardwiring the dashcam. The local garage I'm taking my car to has suggested that they will run the wire from the rear dashcam to the front through the gap between the headliner and the car roof. Is there any problem with this approach? Also, they have suggested that they'll leave the excess wire loose in the gap and not tie it up. Is this recommended? What are the downsides to it?

Welcome to the forum Belfast knight.

I would prefer that route, but not possible in my car, which is fortunately a small car so i can pretty much route my rear camera any direction i want to.
Actually right now my headliner are not secured after the last time i tried to go that route over it, i think i have to take it all down to do it.

In the front any excess wire i have is just jammed in over the headliner.

My car have a hatch in the rear opening up, so some of the cameras there ( i have 2 ) the wire is fed to the side from the camera towards the C pillar, but then i have to leave a little slack in the wire so i can open the hatch.
This mean when closed i have a little wire dangling back there, but function wise it is not a problem, i have used one - two of the provided wire fastners between the camera body and out towards the C pillar, the wire should not dangle from the socket as it could then come loose.

The sort of things to expect up there. Keep cables clear of curtain airbags.

normal_IMG_5304.jpg

Back