Rear facing mobius affecting DAB radio

Indiana1971

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

My mobius which is sited just below the high brake light in the rear window is knocking out my DAB (digital radio based in the United Kingdom), radio in the car. My front facing camera is fine.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it.

Thanks for your help

No. What would you recommend?

I thought some ferrite core noise suppressors may help? https://www.ebay.com/itm/160830000831

For my rear Mobius I use a Monoprice 15ft Mini-B to USB-A 28/28AWG shielded cable with good success and no radio or GPS interference. They also sell a heavier gauge 24/28AWG shielded cable with a ferrite core built in. Their shipping prices are very modest along with the prices of the cables but that is here in the US. Their cables are of excellent quality and come with a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Thanks Dashmellow.

I will probably experiment with a sheilded cable. However I did try the mobius without connecting it to the power cable in the rear of the car earlier and it still knocked out the radio but not all stations....

By the way, similar cables over here in the uk would probably cost close to $8 or $9 !

Thanks Dashmellow.

I will probably experiment with a sheilded cable. However I did try the mobius without connecting it to the power cable in the rear of the car earlier and it still knocked out the radio but not all stations....

By the way, similar cables over here in the uk would probably cost close to $8 or $9 !

It's odd but some people seem to report Mobius cameras producing RF interference and some don't. None of the 3 I've owned have had any problems with this.
Monoprice cables are amazing for the price. For example, for just a few $ or £, their HDMI cables are as good as or superior to cables selling for as much as ten times the price elsewhere. All of their cables are like that. One time I bought a 10 foot long cable for hooking up the DVI out from my laptop to the HDMI on my TV and the cable that arrived was so thick and heavy duty that it was almost a problem.

Why not try wrapping the Mobius in foil temporarily to see if it still causes the problem? I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone used metallic tape on a Mobius that caused interference.

Last edited:
Why not try wrapping the Mobius in foil temporarily to see if it still causes the problem? I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone used metallic tape on a Mobius that caused interference.
You will find something about it here:

And another one, apparently copper should be more effective:
Mobius action cam and GPS problem

Thanks Dashmellow.

And where else have you ever heard of an inexpensive cable, or any cable for that matter coming with a lifetime warranty?!

Last edited:
DAB radio digital signal knocking out problem sorted!!

Sheilded cable with built in ferrite core found in the bottom cupboard in the office did the trick!

Also, previously I ran the cable back over the top of the mobius which I guess did not help. Now keeping the cable away from the mobius has worked.

Just in time too. Need my sports digital radio stations over the World Cup period.!!! C'mon England!!!

Thanks for everyone's help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 20
Back