rear mount install, parking mode, and other qs

00aas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering a X for the rear cam in my Saabaru wagon (I have a GC in my front connected via Vico PowerPlus), but a few qs...

1) Does the parking mode for the X have a pre-buffer like the streetguardian RC? I currently don't use parking mode in my GC in front, but wondering if that is a good idea to have set up, as I park overnight in an open parking lot that is pretty prone to careless dings/etc...

2) If I skip the parking mode and just hook it up to switched/accessory 12V only (not sure what wires I have in the rear hatch to tap into yet), will it still be able to retain time / date settings and be able to switch between modes for daytime and nighttime settings?

3) Do I need a CPL for rearview? It's a hatchback and I'd like it to be be set up kind of like this:

Why? Primarily because I don't want anything impairing /bloacking any of my view from the rearviewmirror, which appears to happen from all the solutions I've seen in the forum that hang down from above the ceiling/headliner for hatchbacks (which can be distracting, and my rearview is already kind of limited so don't want to make it any worse):

You will often see sky reflect in the windscreen of the car behind you, this make it hard to capture what go on inside that car.
But if you are not bothered about that then a CPL is not needed.

I have my camera top / center on my hatch, this is within the wiper range, and above heating elements in the glass.
Not that visible in the RVM, dont take up more view than a little camera do.

I have 1 "large" neodynium magnet on the door frame, then on the camera i have made a bracket to fill the space so the camera sit at the right thight on the window, that metal spacer is then screwed to the camera using the screw mount on the camera and a screw i had in surplus from a CCTV camera.

Works quite well and is not in the way getting things in and out of the little boot i have.

Will try and grab some updated pics on my next drive.

Mounting off the headliner should be fine too, but i opted for the metal hatch frame.

I have not really used the timed mode on the X cam to change between mode 1 and mode 2, i just use 1080/60 for daytime and it in turn change itself to 1080/30 during night time.

I am not quite sure if the feature is operative in current firmware, it have been a little on/off as i recall.

I dont think the x cam have prebuffered motion detect or if this feature is 100% operative in current firmware, so better chek with Dan / joovuu to make sure.

My camera have the lens like 1 mm from the glass ( horisontal window ) so i do get reflections some times in footage, for the most only visible at night ( headlights of oncomming cars )

Last edited:

3) Do I need a CPL for rearview? It's a hatchback ...
Based on my experience I'd say yes, but the geometry of your vehicle may be different enough from mine that reflections won't be an issue for you. Install whatever you decide on without the CPL and add it later if it's needed.

Why? Primarily because I don't want anything impairing /bloacking any of my view from the rearviewmirror,...
You may be over thinking this issue. I'm using an SG9665GC as a rear camera on my SUV/CUV (middle of the hatch at the top of the glass) and it's no more distracting than the rear view mirror is when looking out the front of the vehicle. When I first installed it I was aware of it but now I only see it when I think about it.

Totally forgot reflections can be a issue with a non vertical window, just like in the front, and maybe even more so due to the material below the window.

But i am lucky not to have own vehicle to deal with.

Considering a X for the rear cam in my Saabaru wagon (I have a GC in my front connected via Vico PowerPlus), but a few qs...

1) Does the parking mode for the X have a pre-buffer like the streetguardian RC? I currently don't use parking mode in my GC in front, but wondering if that is a good idea to have set up, as I park overnight in an open parking lot that is pretty prone to careless dings/etc...

2) If I skip the parking mode and just hook it up to switched/accessory 12V only (not sure what wires I have in the rear hatch to tap into yet), will it still be able to retain time / date settings and be able to switch between modes for daytime and nighttime settings?

3) Do I need a CPL for rearview? It's a hatchback and I'd like it to be be set up kind of like this:

Why? Primarily because I don't want anything impairing /bloacking any of my view from the rearviewmirror, which appears to happen from all the solutions I've seen in the forum that hang down from above the ceiling/headliner for hatchbacks (which can be distracting, and my rearview is already kind of limited so don't want to make it any worse):

What is that kit that you used to hand the dash cam over the roof? That is what exactly I am looking for. Any link to where to purchase it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R JooVuu 2
0 JooVuu 3
0 JooVuu 4
Back