Rear View Mirror cams?

RaXavier

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings im New and these rear view mirror cameras look nice :)

I have a 13 Lexus ES350 with parking assist so i dont really need the sensors or rear camera. I like the rear view mirror look because its part of the thing really and looks nice. I was wondering if anyone got one of these locally or on aliexpress?

Also, i see some come with built in radar detectors... OOOH SHINY

410f662c240fda80d14d7adea29013d3.png

any help would be highly appricated

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont use rear view mirror camera (rvmc) as dashcam Because when you have to change your rear view mirror again high beam from a car behind you at night. The rvmc will change too. And you'll lost the footages.
Try something very discreet and reliabale like SGZC12RC.

RVM cams are all currently powered with a LiPo battery which can fail quickly in hotter climates. Most of them are low-res (720P is common and 480P is known) and they all have poor reputations. Some of the cheapest ones don't even have an adjustable lens so you can't even aim them straight forward. They may be a good idea but all so far are poorly executed :( I've been looking at a couple for possible use as a second "backup cam" for the front should my main cam fail but it would likely just be wasted money. Maybe someday I'll tear one down and stuff a Mobius in it :D

Phil

what would you recommend? and any chance there is one with radar detector?

@RaXavier
I'll quote myself here the make sure my message is clear:
They may be a good idea but all so far are poorly executed

If you want a decent cam this type is a poor choice. Even with a better design there is always the issue of weight and it's effect on the mirror's mounting system. Adding another gadget in the design would only make that problem worse.

Phil

what would you guys recommend? i dont think i need a display

Back