Rear view mirror dash cam buying guide

I detest almost all automated car features unless they are user-adjustable and can also be turned completely off. I can do my own thinking and I don't like having someone else's ideas of what is best forced onto me.

Phil

Just wait until AI takes over everyday decisions for just about EVERTHING! :arghh::meh:

For me, the biggest advantage about mirror based camera is to use it while driving instead of the stock mirror.
I recently went from sedan to SUV and I am still struggling with the narrow view.
But for some reason most of such cameras have very small 4-5" screen, and not many utilize the whole mirror as a screen.

I was thinking about buying X1 PRO , but it seems to have some limitations:
the parking mode is very limited (will turn on only after impact).
Also it is battery , not capacitor and I am afraid it will die in 2-3 years.
Will probably wait a year hoping there will be something better on the market.

interestingly I have a car with an auto dimming rear view mirror and I hate the thing, reversing out my driveway at night it goes dark and can't see anything
If the factory had added a big button that stuck out at least 1/4" or 6mm that allowed you to change the mirror manually from dark to light would that solve the problem? I can picture this button easily being being added to a auto darkening mirror or a mirror dashcam. Sometimes automation is unnecessary and annoying.

If the factory had added a big button that stuck out at least 1/4" or 6mm that allowed you to change the mirror manually from dark to light would that solve the problem? I can picture this button easily being being added to a auto darkening mirror or a mirror dashcam. Sometimes automation is unnecessary and annoying.

that would solve the problem sure, they don't have that though unfortunately

Back