Rear window camera

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Hey guys

I have a VicoVation TF2 Plus at the front of my vehicle which is fantastic and Jokiin's camera at the rear, I think jokiin's dashcam is ideal for a front facing camera given the viewing angle. Would anyone be able to recommend me a dashcam that has similar to the following for rear window.

• Good operational temps (for Australian summer)
  • 140/160 degree viewing angle for rear corner collisions
  • Decent bitrate

Thanks!

I think when our twin camera unit is ready it will be a good fit for your use, will talk to you about that when we're closer

Got my Mobius today. Will plan to install it at rear. Its the most discrete 1080p 30fps good dash cam I know this time, so for rear it suits perfectly. Will test soon and see how it performs. It has highest bitrate available, 18Mbps. Also have an idea to run / extend mobius av out video cable into car headunit AUX IN so if needed then can check on the go the status of rear cam recording without looking at mobius led blinking or not.
Current lens angle on Mobius is not that great for rear cams but for sure they can be replaced with fish-eye good lens if needed.

niko said:
Current lens angle on Mobius is not that great for rear cams but for sure they can be replaced with fish-eye good lens if needed.
Niko,

I have two Mobius cams, in my car and my wife's minivan. And I agree that lens angle is not very wide.
Can you recommend fish-eye lens that will fit Mobius?

MozartMan said:
niko said:
Niko,

I have two Mobius cams, in my car and my wife's minivan. And I agree that lens angle is not very wide.
Can you recommend fish-eye lens that will fit Mobius?

I guess rear FOV should be much wider than front ( my opinion )

I had not time to follow Mobius forum and doing quick search did not found any info about lens specs, and there is nothing said on main Forum page in Lens topic, or if it has M12 0.5 thread which is most common on 1080p 1/3" CMOS dash cams. There are a lot on Ali for M12 0.5 :

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0815100045

but need to look which one matches mobius CMOS size , I guess its 1/3

I am really not sure about final correct size fitments / compability, but if its really M12 0.5 1/3 then need to look from professional CCTV manufacturers

... something like this:
http://cylongtech.com/

They have lens here what I am thinking of

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Board-2- ... 64728.html

2.1 mm, 150 degree, very good aperture F2.5

you may find similar specs cheaper lens, but cheap are not good.

Good specs Super fish-eye lens 185 degree would cost same as mobius :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-25mm-C ... 69263.html

From RC forum you can read in Vendor topic:
..... The following web stores have been verified by the developer as selling the real Mobius camera, replacement parts and accessories with a commitment to customer satisfaction, both before and after a sale, if any problems are found when the hardware is put into service and not caused by user abuse, crash damage, etc. If parts are not listed on their sites, use their web site email contact link to request what you need.

So I guess is the best to contact Vendors and ask that you need best quality fish-eye lens replacement compatible for Mobius

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys have a link to this camera you are using, the Mobius ?

Thanks, shame the viewing angle isnt 140/160

Milamber said:

what's your thoughts on 170 degree viewing angle, without fisheye?

I'm thinking good for rear, not so sure yet about for front use

jokiin said:
Milamber said:

That would do the trick nicely!

Milamber said:
jokiin said:
Milamber said:

That would do the trick nicely!

it's looking strongly like what we'll use for the rear on our A7 dual cam product, we can do it for the front as well but I need to make sure it doesn't have that 'objects are closer than they appear' problem that a lot of very wide angle solutions suffer from, it's a new technology available to us so will see how it goes

jokiin said:
it's looking strongly like what we'll use for the rear on our A7 dual cam product, we can do it for the front as well but I need to make sure it doesn't have that 'objects are closer than they appear' problem that a lot of very wide angle solutions suffer from, it's a new technology available to us so will see how it goes

Will it look like a GS1000, i prefer that shape instead of the back of the camera sticking out, something like a DOD would be ideal in appearance.

Milamber said:
Will it look like a GS1000, i prefer that shape instead of the back of the camera sticking out, something like a DOD would be ideal in appearance.

nothing like either one

Just to fresh-up this thread if someone looking for discrete rear window dash cam.
Here is my idea of how Mobius can be used / installed

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2372

Last edited by a moderator:
Back