Rear windshield mount?

PirateJoshua

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought a Viofo A119 to replace my G1W-C and would like to put my G1W-C on my rear window. However, the rear window in my truck is completely vertical, and the suction cup on the G1W-C doesn't bend 90 degrees, it only bends around 80 degrees, making the dashcam point towards the ground or into the sky.

Using the suction mount on the class will make the cam very noticeable. If there's a smooth surface above the glass try the suction cup there. If there's just a headliner then you might be able to slip a piece of sheetmetal bent into a "V" between it and the body, then mount to that. You might be able to cut or file clearance into the mount so that it can move farther. or with care and thought, you can gently use a small gas torch to heat and bend the mount.

Keep an open mind- you don't have to use things as they wee intended- all that really matters is that you get what you want in the end ;)

Phil

Using the suction mount on the class will make the cam very noticeable. If there's a smooth surface above the glass try the suction cup there. If there's just a headliner then you might be able to slip a piece of sheetmetal bent into a "V" between it and the body, then mount to that. You might be able to cut or file clearance into the mount so that it can move farther. or with care and thought, you can gently use a small gas torch to heat and bend the mount.

Keep an open mind- you don't have to use things as they wee intended- all that really matters is that you get what you want in the end ;)

Phil

I am fine with the dashcam being noticeable. The heat solution is a good idea, I think I will try that! Hopefully I can find a replacement suction cup when I completely screw it up lol

Thanks!

I used a dremel to cut a notch and the suction cup now bends 90 degrees!
Dybxpmf.jpg

Back