Rearview cam installation

DocHudson

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am out of ideas. Anybody can give me some idea on how do I install dashcam on the rear windshield of 2015 Subaru Forester? I can't put it on the rear windshield as I open the hatch almost daily. Not too sure how I can keep the wire to extend and then fold after the hatch is closed. I don't want to keep the wire dangling.

I really don't want to put it inside on cloth (like), as removal can become a tricky business. (I already have to remove the front one as the rearview mirror changes the position as soon as I set it, my bad. Thats another thread coming.)

Anybody would like to post pictures of their set up? The cam is Ausdom A261.

Thanks in advance.

I just bought the Mobius and I'll let you know how I accomplish it (I'm going to attempt to attach it to the hatch below the wiper, but we'll see how it goes). I'm hoping to have it installed this week (temp depending).

Claudine

I am out of ideas. Anybody can give me some idea on how do I install dashcam on the rear windshield of 2015 Subaru Forester? I can't put it on the rear windshield as I open the hatch almost daily. Not too sure how I can keep the wire to extend and then fold after the hatch is closed. I don't want to keep the wire dangling.

I really don't want to put it inside on cloth (like), as removal can become a tricky business. (I already have to remove the front one as the rearview mirror changes the position as soon as I set it, my bad. Thats another thread coming.)

Anybody would like to post pictures of their set up? The cam is Ausdom A261.

Thanks in advance.
I think you may get more ideas if you posted your query in a different forum. This one I think is more for cameras that mount on or replace the rear view mirror

Back