Rearview Mirror dashcam mount

DocHudson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello folks,

In the past, a kind of 3M tape was highly recommended to use to stick dashcam mount on the windshield. After trying it for almost a year and half, I can affirmatively say that it has failed me a big time. I am looking for an alternative way to mount the dashcam. A few I came across on Amazon. I am looking for something that can stay behind the rearview mirror and does not hang 'below' the rearview mirror. Has anyone tried any of the following type mounts to achieve this result?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LWN141R
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KM9A5F4
Our local PD seems to be pulling over folks for wide variety of reasons and I do not want to get pulled over for this. Lesser the interaction, better it is, is my motto.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: This mount will be used with Rexing F9 and I am looking one for Street Guardian SGZC12SS, but Street Guardian is not pressing issue at this moment.

Last edited:
In the US there's nothing you can do to prevent getting pulled over until you can prove a pattern of harassment exists, so I'd look into what the applicable laws say then be ready to reference them if you get pulled over. In many places, using a radio which can receive police broadcasts in your car is illegal, but many Ham radios are capable of doing this; therefore many of us Hams carry a copy of the FCC ruling which specifically notes that our radios are under Federal jurisdiction exclusively and that these local laws cannot be applied to our equipment :) You should do something similar with what laws you discover regarding your cam(s). Vehicle safety regulations are generally under State jurisdiction so that's where to look for the applicable rules ;)

Phil

might work with the Rexing, whether it physically fits the mirror arm and the space available though is the next issue

might work with the Rexing, whether it physically fits the mirror arm and the space available though is the next issue
Mirror arm is little over an inch, so my hunch is it will fit on the arm. Just an issue that instead of keeping it hanging, maintain it to the level of the rearview mirror by changing the angle of the mount.

the more joints there are in these mounts the more chance they will introduce some vibration, can take a bit of sorting to get it right

Back