Rearview mirror mount for G1W

asd123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I've purchased the G1W for a Honda Civic a while back and need a way to attach it to the rearview mirror to keep it discrete to both others outside the car and for myself when I'm driving.

I've tried velco, lots of velcro actually, but it melted away and eventually fell off due to high temperature (Southern California). After reading through a few threads here, I've realized that 1) an adhesive with a stronger hold/higher temp resistance could work and 2) the suction cup can also work if I apply a type of adhesive over the dotted area of the windshield.

I've also seen this mount, but I prefer the G1W to actually be behind the rearview and out of my sight when driving.

With all that being said, I would like to request some insight as to what might be the best route to take and your experience with the best type of adhesive that will hold the camera securely, but will also be able to be removed as I am leasing the car for only another year.

Thank you for any and all help and your time. I will be continuing to look through the "Where did you mount" thread for more info.

edit: currently considering the 3M dual lock tape. stronger than velcro and has max temp resistance of 220. does anyone have experience removing the tape and is it easy/hard?

Last edited:
Stronger higher temp double sided tape for outdoor use will work. Make sure your camera sees through the wiped area of your windshield. Some Civics don't wipe that area.

Back