Rearview mirror mount options for SG9663DC?

12Farmer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Has Street Guardian considered working with companies like BlendMount to offer alternatives to adhesive on the glass for mounting the dashcam and sourcing power to it? They currently offer solutions for BlackVue dashcams and a couple others, and their MirrorTap for sourcing power from the rearview mirror looks pretty cool.

Those are some expensive mounts! $100 US for this?:
BBV-2000R-1-INST-600.jpg

My mirror rattle / shake just on its own, not sure hanging more weight from it will be better.
I am 100 % behind stick to glass cameras.

And as kamkar stated...rattle/shake.
There is no way this wouldn't have a shake/wobble in the video over any bumps or if you do crash, it doesn't just flip out of position like a suction cup.

Agree, if your mirror already shakes or rattles, that would be a no-go. For stealthiness though, seems like it would be hard to beat a mount like that.

I should maybe mention in all fairness i drive a little cheap Japanese car, Americans wouldn't even see the wife they don't like all that much in a car like mine.
Dont get me wrong i can see this being a route for some, not least in a situation like in the pic TBT posted, such a large sensor array on the middle of the windscreen are a big challenge for a stealthy dashcam install.

Too much distance between mounting surface and cam with that "Blendmount" as any first year Engineering student would quickly see. No material is perfectly rigid; everything has some 'flex' to it, and the longer the 'arm', the more flex you get. The heavier the load at the free end of that 'arm' the more flex you get. Thus the best design is the one with high rigidity and the shortest 'arm' between cam and mounting surface. Also the more movable points you have, the more likely slippage will occur. I am not at all impressed by this 'Blendmount' (n)

Phil

Too much distance between mounting surface and cam with that "Blendmount" as any first year Engineering student would quickly see. No material is perfectly rigid; everything has some 'flex' to it, and the longer the 'arm', the more flex you get. The heavier the load at the free end of that 'arm' the more flex you get. Thus the best design is the one with high rigidity and the shortest 'arm' between cam and mounting surface. Also the more movable points you have, the more likely slippage will occur. I am not at all impressed by this 'Blendmount' (n)

Phil
This was what I wanted to say!
yeah I have to say I'm not a fan myself, might be ok for a radar detector, I wouldn't like to use one for a camera though
Exactly!

I agree with all the previous comments 100%. Only thing I can think it would be good for would be if your switching cars often like rentals, you work in a company that you use a different fleet vehicle every day, etc.

I have this mount for my dr750s. What I did was remove the center pivot piece to shorten the arm distance from the camera and the rear view mirror. So far, it's been great and video quality isn't affected by shaking or vibration. I haven't noticed any vibration, but that could be because my daily driver is fairly new and the rear view mirror arm it's attached to is solid. I like that there isn't any adhesive marks left on my windshield and it makes removing the camera very easy.

You can find that same mount on ebay, amazon, or (maybe it was) aliexpress for well under $10.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 8
Back