Rearview X888AV Dual Camera DVR.

SDeath

Reaction score
Anybody here have some hands-on with this version of the X888B Rearview mirror DVR?
http://www.pandawill.com/x888av-27-tft- ... 73230.html
I ordered 2 of them for my cars and would like to know what TF cards to get for them.

When I recieve them I will open one up to make some photo's of he internal components and let you know my experience with them. And also try to retrieve the firmware for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some experience with a similar Rearview
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=880
didn't like it much. Bad video quality and lcd is too dim to use for rear parking during the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also note, not much good if you drive on the left or have right hand drive.
With the driver's seat on the right, the rear view miror will be angled such that the left hand side is much further away from the screen than the right.
Even though there is some movement on the lens, I doubt you'll get enough adjustment to cover the road ahead.

We drive on the right here in the Netherlands and have steering on the left so that should be no issue.
Jedd I did read you comparison a couple of days ago and thought you were not too disappointed by that.
Rearview parking isn't my main use for the rear camera so not really an issue for me.
As long as it can record and show you how a situation was it's fine with me. I like the low price so don't expect blu-ray quality from it.
What TF cards did you try Jedd?
I want to buy 32gb class 6 cards for it but read that the X888B can have problems with it and 16gb class 4 is recommended for that. But I think maybe it's too slow for 2 camera's to record simultanious.

You can use the class 6.
When you read some recommendations to not use some higher class card this is because some camera component and firmware code is not prepared for such high class. They are doing this just to keep the costs lower, no matter what will happen with their customers.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back