REC LED light fast blink and no screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 56879
  • Start date
Verified this morning, no issues on starting up the car. The camera transitioned from parking mode into normal (continuous recording) mode without issue.
Leaving WiFi enabled on this model is probably not a good idea. Disabling it also resolved another issue where I lost distance with my keyfob. With WiFi enabled, I had to be within several feet of the vehicle to lock and arm it. Now with WiFi disabled, I'm back to normal... hundred feet or so... Guess we can close this one.

Check the card specs- many "endurance" cards have relarively low "write" speeds. and today's dashcams with their higher bitrates do a LOT of writing to the card ;)

Phil
With wifi on the bitrate is lower and easier on the card, suspect the memory card is not up to the faster speeds necessary when wifi is off

It record just fine in normal drive mode which is Much higher bit rate, in parking mode its recording in low bitrate mode. This issue only happen randomly AFTER start of parking mode.

This is the card I have, review say this card is capable of at least 30-50 MB (megaBYTE, not bit... low bit rate is what? 4 mb megabit?)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07B984HJ5

Just to update, I again caught the Samsung pro endurance 128gb on sale on Amazon (sold by Amazon). so brought a second one, formatted with the camera, tried it with WiFi OFF and it was continuously "beep beep" this morning. So unless the cam just doesn't like the Samsung cards

Just to update, I again caught the Samsung pro endurance 128gb on sale on Amazon (sold by Amazon). so brought a second one, formatted with the camera, tried it with WiFi OFF and it was continuously "beep beep" this morning. So unless the cam just doesn't like the Samsung cards

That sometimes does happen, even with cards everyone else has success with in the exact same cam. Rare but not completely unheard of. I seem to recall reading of this happening on DCT with some Mini cams when I was looking for my second cam, as I was considering one of them but bought a Mobius instead.

Phil

Back