REC light keeps flashing A129 Pro Duo

gotplanes

Reaction score
Country
United States
My record light keeps flashing and I am not getting the on off chime. I tried to connect with my phone but couldn't. Looked at website and they are saying a firmware upgrade? Is this the case? The directions they give to do it is a little confusing to me.

What memory card are you using?

How are you powering the camera?

Which SanDisk model card?

Hardwired with the Viofo HK3 kit?

Thank you I will give that a try!
Sorry to be a pain but I have another question. I formatted the card on both the computer and the camera. When I put it in the camera it worked. So now I'm trying to download and it won't says wrong format. On Viofos website it says format card to FAT32...not sure how to do that.

Sorry to be a pain but I have another question. I formatted the card on both the computer and the camera. When I put it in the camera it worked. So now I'm trying to download and it won't says wrong format. On Viofos website it says format card to FAT32...not sure how to do that.
The camera will format it to Fat32.

I have the same issue.
My record light continually flashes after the camera is on for a little while.
I can press the menu button which brings up a menu and press it a second time to get it to stop flashing.
While this is going on it doesn’t record.

So this is a problem.
Making things more frustrating is that I can’t see the screen even a little bit during the day because the screen isn’t bright even a little bit.
So each time this happens I don’t even know unless I stop and get as close to it as a can to look at it.

I reformat the card and it works again for a little while but then it doesn’t.

Last edited:
I have the same issue.
My record light continually flashes after the camera is on for a little while.
I can press the menu button which brings up a menu and press it a second time to get it to stop flashing.
While this is going on it doesn’t record.

So this is a problem.
Making things more frustrating is that I can’t see the screen even a little bit during the day because the screen isn’t bright even a little bit.
So each time this happens I don’t even know unless I stop and get as close to it as a can to look at it.

I reformat the card and it works again for a little while but then it doesn’t.
Do you have motion detection turned on? If so, turn it off.

Nope. Not on. ‍♂️

Maybe I’ll try a new card.

Nope. Not on. ‍♂️

Maybe I’ll try a new card.
Try formatting the card with SDFormatter. Perform the full overwrite, not the quick format. After SDFormatter, place card back in the camera and format again in the camera.

Unless I can do that on an iPad I won’t be able to do that

Back