Recently installed Vico Power Plus.

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased a Opia 2 and vico power plus since I wanted to be able to use the parking mode and liked the idea of the low voltage cut off. But, I am concerned that the power plus maybe making the opia 2 act weird. I installed the Opia 2 using a 10amp "optional" for constant power blank fuse port on the interior fuse block for the BATT power wire and then I used the 10amp power mirror fuse port for the ACC power wire. After installing it this Friday night everything was working great. Voltage was reading at 13.70-14.50 when the car was running and around 12.70-12.50 when the car was off. I set the voltage cutoff to 12.20v and turned the timer and temperature cut off's to off so the power plus wouldn't accidentally cut power to the camera before the thresholds were met. I left the reboot feature on since i was under the assumption that Vico cameras may need to be rebooted each time when powering the car on. Yesterday, Saturday, the temps were at 102* degrees Fahrenheit and I'm not sure what the temperature was inside the car, but the camera powered on fine and was working. A few stops and restarts later and all power was cut off to the camera. The camera would display "power off" and wouldn't power back on. I tried a completely different power outlet on my car with a different power cord and the camera powered on fine even in the 100*+ weather. Today, the same thing happened. The camera powered on as normal this morning and then after a few more start ups the camera would not power on. So, I decided to turn the reboot feature off, turned my car off and then restarted it and the camera powered on. Could the reboot feature be causing the camera to malfunction?

Just wanted to post a quick pick of the temperature outside which maybe higher they what's actually reported due to the car sitting in the sun. I started the car up just now and the opia 2 started recording just fine. The screen is very dim though. I'm thinking the inside/windshield temps are causing some issues with the camera.

Attachments

• 20180603_171716.jpg
    20180603_171716.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 13
Quick update. It seems that turning the reboot feature off fixed the problem. I drove my car several places after turning the reboot feature off and the camera powered right up without a problem and in 100+ degree weather. I'll post again in a few days with an update and some footage from the Opia.

Back