Recently started a job that requires me to drive what some call..

Am I an unreasonable dick?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Ageezus

Reaction score
Country
United States
.."The worst commute in North America."

Renton, WA to Everett, WA via I-405.

Most Selfish drivers I see are generally interested in not ruining their lives/expensive car. But there are more than a few that assume others will make a path, because their time is more important than anyone elses so they drive like idiots. The sedan in front of me got fed up, and the truck had been speeding up to peoples bumpers and changing lanes for the last 3 miles or so, we ended up taking the same exit in Renton within two car lengths of each other.

I was trying to leave room for the car on the right to merge nicely, because I didn't want him to cut in behind me and into the path of an awesome semi-bro who I never saw hit his breaks once because he was traveling at a low constant speed. Something I wish I could force myself to do.

One hour later, with one cranky BMW tailgating me since the 'freeway' offramp..I broke. Could see him texting in the review mirror or yelling profanities at his poor windshield (I imagine the intirior side has seen more wind than the exterior) I cracked, twitched, and lost it a little when he tried to pull this stunt.. Yeah, without a rearview camera this makes me look more like a dick than anything else. But, the one thing that supersedes all my other complaints about assholes and drivers...is when people don't read the goddamned signs telling them about upcoming traffic revisions, lane closers, etc..and only adjusting once they reach the change/obsticle.

Seems to be common in many countries, these nobs scream up to the end of their lane then try to force their way in.
Alternatively, they know exactly where they want to be, but that lane has a long queue - the other lane has hardly any traffic BUT goes the wrong way - no matter for these morons...
I found the graphic (at the end) on the web & have adapted it a few times for the various configurations.

What those A-Holes driving up the closed lanes cause are traffic jams. If everyone gets into the open lanes we'd all be able to fly right through the construction zones, but no, we have to sit for sometime minutes and miles because a % have to ruin it for all. Here in New York they even go as far as to drive on the shoulder to pass into the work zone. Driving use to be fun. It's become a nightmare no matter where you go anymore.
Tim

No you were not unreasonable. Cool, Coal Creek Parkway. I was just there this morning. weird.

Back