Reckless driver wiped out the car from the road!

IronMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x SGZC12RC, Panorama S, Mini 0803, Mini 0801
Hello guys,

Captured this moment behind my car.

New Jersey. Reckless driver failed to stay in the lane and pushed another car towards the barrier that caused another car to loose control.

You can actually see the gold car's driver reach down towards the passenger side and pop back up right at the swerving moment. Looks like the Jeep suv driver was a little aggressive too.

He wasn't the first one to behave recklessly. In fact I think he panicked because of the aggressive driver behind him, who was weaving between lanes and tailgating.

Another beauty of the dash cam...the guy who subsequently lost control will be at fault due him not making contact with the gold vehicle, and that vehicle leaving the scene. If that incident just happened, I would send that video to the police.
Nice video.

Another beauty of the dash cam...the guy who subsequently lost control will be at fault due him not making contact with the gold vehicle, and that vehicle leaving the scene. If that incident just happened, I would send that video to the police.
Nice video.
why would the corolla (car directly behind the cam car) be at fault? he tried to avoid an accident caused by the gold mercury.

why would the corolla (car directly behind the cam car) be at fault? he tried to avoid an accident caused by the gold mercury.

Good question. Because the actual collision didn't involve the gold Mercury so it was not involved in the accident and there is no proof of any other vehicle being involved. When the police arrive, they will have no proof that this "mysterious vehicle" that caused the accident was there. Remember this vehicle fled the scene and assuming there is no video, there is no evidence of its existence. No vehicle tag so no insurance company or leads for the police. The story of, "this vehicle caused me to lose control" will not be enough for the respective insurance companies....or else everyone would claim this. Even if both parties involved say this car existed, can they prove the vehicle failed to maintain its lane and crossed the line? The people involved were likely not paying enough attention to see the details anyways. Police often have little to go on....statements of those involved/witnesses if there is any that stop, vehicle damage, skid marks/debris, final resting position etc. Accident fraud is too prevalent...they will need proof. Another reason to have a dash cam!!

Funny thing was that it didn't look like anyone was actually hit and no damage was done. Corolla didn't hit the gold car, wall or speeding Jeep SUV.

Funny thing was that it didn't look like anyone was actually hit and no damage was done. Corolla didn't hit the gold car, wall or speeding Jeep SUV.

Looks like you're right....Looking at it again, you really can't see any collision. Well that would change everything o_O

Had the accident happened, would you have forwarded the video to the police? Including any front video of the gold car for license plate?

At best the police could charge the gold car driver for reckless driving and the victim's insurance could try to go after this driver for causing damage.

Hello guys,

This is to update on this story. I have visited my Police Department and they found out the details on which Police Department responded and which Officer investigates this case. The accident was indeed reported.
I have stepped by the other PD and spoke with the leading Officer and handled him the YT video. Later, I have sent him numerous frames from the raw video cropping the gold car, so that the license plate could be read.
The Officer was very thankful for the evidence inputs.

I guess the dashcam investment is paid back with karma.

How many cars were involved in the accident and which one were they?

Apparently silver Ford truck that followed a Jeep has touched black Toyota Corolla

That music CD must have been so important that the driver of the gold car needed to pick it up off the floor and started the accident.

I've seen horrible accidents initiated from simply trying to avoid a fender bender.
1st thing in our minds is to swerve but sometimes that ends up in serious multi vehicle accident due to losing control like here or hitting vehicles in other lanes.
Glad it ended up with minor accident here.

Corolla driver, possibly young, way over reacted to the situation. Just hitting the brakes was all he needed but he cranked the wheel, too!

Corolla driver, possibly young, way over reacted to the situation. Just hitting the brakes was all he needed but he cranked the wheel, too!
Didn't even need to hit the brakes, just the horn would have done if it had been used early. It was a minor incident until Corolla driver lost control. I'm not convinced that the gold car's driver should take much of the blame for not seeing someone in his blind spot until after he had already started changing lane, he did notice before it was too late to avoid contact.

Didn't even need to hit the brakes, just the horn would have done if it had been used early. It was a minor incident until Corolla driver lost control. I'm not convinced that the gold car's driver should take much of the blame for not seeing someone in his blind spot until after he had already started changing lane, he did notice before it was too late to avoid contact.
Problem is, the gold car wasn't changing lanes, he was drifting while he reached over to something on the passenger side. But yes, corolla definitely overreacted.

Problem is, the gold car wasn't changing lanes, he was drifting while he reached over to something on the passenger side. But yes, corolla definitely overreacted.
It wasn't the overreaction that was the problem, most people overreact occasionally just as most people occasionally drift out of lane, nobody is perfect. If the corolla driver had overreacted on the braking but stayed in his lane then it would have been a minor incident, presumably with no contact or damage. It was the inability to control the car that was the problem, not sure if that was the fault of the driver or the car, but I assume everyone is taught to do emergency braking before they get a license to drive? and presumably cars brakes are tested regularly to ensure they can stop in a reasonably straight line? so the major incident should not have occurred and it is the corolla driver that is responsible for it occurring...

Back