Recognising the .MOV file from DOD LS300W

wyomian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I transfer the files from my SanDisK 32gb micro SD card on to my computer, the files ae stored as Quick Time Real Player .MOV files. This is fine and when I replay the files taken in daylight I have no problem, but the files on the same day that are recorded at night cannot be played and I get an error message saying that the .MOV file is not recognised. Am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried VLC or RegistratorViewer Players ?

If you haven't already run your mem card through a verification tool: h2testw.exe http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml
The fact is your mem card may be writing blanks in just half or 1/4 of it's size. To verify this another way, try to play back the night videos on the dashcam itself, if a file plays back fine there, it's not the mem card.

Hi I have LS430W and I had trouble with SanDisk 32GB in that it would record about 13GB of files that would play ok on player but if I recorded more than 13GB the rest of the files would look ok in explorer but would not play even in the DOD player. Not sure if the disk or the dashcam I had a spare 16GB class 4 sd so just used that one, that worked ok and allowed the dashcam to delete old files when loop recording

dpick1947

To our knowledge Scan disk is unsupported. Use a data or patriot

Good point, Adata is the one that's solid in the DoD 300 and 400 series. Even 64GB Adata UHS-I works reliably in a 430W and 330W.

Sandisk 32Gig Class 10 UHS-1 does not work in my GT300W (using LS300W FW). Class 4 32Gig Sandisk or Kingston work fine.

Yes, that's the exact card I'm using, check it out I just added a review there. :) (should be there shortly)

Yes, that's the exact card I'm using, check it out I just added a review there. :) (should be there shortly)

Thanks for the confirmation! No issues looping videos on that card, formatting it etc? Would definitely love to double my possible recording time... I think :)

No issues looping etc. I haven't formatted the card in the camera as I never had a need, just used it the way it came out of factory.

Back