Recommend a temporary camera - very cheap (under £30)

CharlieGirl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought the Viofo A119 and have got on very well with it. I need a rear camera as well but want to wait for the new A119 Pro to come out at which point I can relegate the current A119 to the rear. In the meantime, less than a year, I want a temporary camera for the rear.

I do not want to spend much money on this. I just want some protection in case someone rear ends the car. I am okay with it having a battery rather than a capacitor as it is temporary. The camera does not have to be amazing, but obviously the best I can get for not much money. It would be a bonus if it has an automatic parking mode/motion capture but this isn't essential. I'd be happier spending £20 rather than £30 but £30 is my max.

Thanks!

I know cheap cameras are frowned upon, and for good reason, but given it's only for temporary use has no one got any experience to recommend something that will do the job adequately?

The Blueskysea B1W is a little over your budget, but may be worth looking at. (Capacitor, decent video, currently bad audio, which isn't so much of an issue for a rear cam.) I probably wouldn't risk using a very cheap cam in the back, since it's less likely to be checked for card problems, etc. You want it to be reliable.

G1W, for temporary look on ebay, I'm sure you can get one for around £30, make sure it's a real one with MOV files and not AVI

Back