Recommend: Dash Cam with Video Out to a Monitor or TV While Recording

yesthatguy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to use a dash cam as a type of monitoring device and security camera for my company.

I would need it to be able to simultaneously output to HDMI or RCA video to a different room with a monitor or TV while also recording.

Do you fine gents know of any cameras that would fit the bill?

Lots of security cameras do that.. Vehicle dash cams.. not so much

1. What is your budget?
2. How good picture quality you want to see on your monitor ?
HDMI provides digital output ( 1080p and higher ), RCA is analog ( VGA / 420p ).

I believe a dash cam will allow me to also record the session instead of having to set up a DVR or video server. It'll be much easier to have a dash cam in loop mode and always have a week's worth of video history.

The video out is so the game operators can monitor the participants and offer hints of they get stuck or frustrated.

I don't know the answers to your questions. However, I used a dash cam when having nightly vandalism in the neighbourhood between my home and the house three doors down.

I can see a benefit to using a dash cam over traditional systems as people are not to aware there may be a camera in the car they just walked past. Crooks may uncover their faces as they move away from homes or buildings and towards parking lots and driveways. It may provide a few details, such as color of clothing that an older security camera or one recording in night with little light may .

It provides another vantage point, such has numerous cameras at a baseball game to see if the runner was out at first base or not.

That's were the benefits end. Most dash cameras only provide 6 hours of recording time when parked.

We discussed this a few months back at
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/help-me-catch-a-thief.14929/#post-196199

Last edited:
Back