Recommend Dashcam for forward view and interior/out side windows

Cammerhere

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for a setup that records two different views. I want the traditional forward facing view, in addition I want an interior view that is able to see out the side windows and rear window. I would like the cameras to offer parking mode, though Im looking at trying the below with my setup. The setup should also be as discrete as possible (no lcd screen is fine)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B016BJCRUO

You will end up with something like this for your cabin camera.
This video if filmed with a Mobius 2 camera in my windscreen, and it is a small Suzuki car i drive, a larger sedan will just be harder to cover or at least get usable footage of what go on outside the side and rear window.

But aside for the limited view out of the side and rear window, then you will also get low light problems, so to work all day a cabin camera need to be assisted by a IR light source, and thats a strong one, not the 4 little LEDs you see flanking some cameras.

That power bank you link to, do it support charging the same time as its used to power something ?
This can be a issue with lipo based devises.

the power bank is able to charge and power devices at the same time.

the view you posted isnt bad. The view of the interior and outside is more for when I leave the car parked somewhere.

When i get around to it i think i will place a camera in the lower right corner of my windscreen and aim it at my driver seat, but this is solely for a more stealthy install, cuz down there on the middle of the dashbord even the small mobius camera is pretty easy to spot.
Put in the lower corner of my windscreen i have one of those parking clocks, so it will hide the camera from the outside, and i dont mind much how visible it is from the inside of the car.

Only problem is night time, the inside of a cabin get pretty dark quickly, and at night even in a well lit town all you will see of the inside os silhouettes of people and seats.
BUT ! this might change with the up and coming cameras using the more light sensitive IMX291 sensor.

If that dont work then you will want a camera that have a active IR filter so it can disengage at night and the camera then can see IR light, and maybe change to Black and White like CCTV cameras do at night.

Back