Recommend Home Security Camera

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey, there must be someone here who can recommend a reputable home security camera? Prefer wide angle lends like Xiaomi Home Security cam but don't want to have to create a Mi account and/or connect to the internet to set things up. Want to run it on a LAN and am looking at an Amcrest ProHD because of the awesome softtware that it comes with and it can be set up to run locally without needing to broadcast to a manufacturer server to get things working.

Anyone have a recommendation?

I would recommend getting one from Axis but they are quite expensive.

I use pretty cheap Chinese NVR and cameras, works just fine for me.
Cameras are all 1080p and a range of low name brands, the NVR is a 4 channel quvia thats a rebranded Dahua NVR

Dont need to broadcast anything to the outside, it all go on the HDD in the NVR box, and the NVR i can also access from my computer, and at night i have my 7" tablet on my bed side table playing the feed from all cameras, and buzz if any motion is detected next to my car thats down in the back yard about 25 M from my head, and 27 M from my PCP airrifle / or baseball bat.

My outside PTZ camera have a build in heater as Denmark is as north as Canada or at least the southern parts of her, but winters are a little bit warmer here due to gulf current sweeping up in the North Atlantic past our shores.

But minus 2 digit degree C temperatures are not uncommon here in winter, even in this day and age of global warming.

And i freeze my ass off when temperatures go below +20 deg C

Last edited:
Hey, there must be someone here who can recommend a reputable home security camera? Prefer wide angle lends like Xiaomi Home Security cam but don't want to have to create a Mi account and/or connect to the internet to set things up. Want to run it on a LAN and am looking at an Amcrest ProHD because of the awesome softtware that it comes with and it can be set up to run locally without needing to broadcast to a manufacturer server to get things working.

Anyone have a recommendation?
I have 5 outdoor bullets by Hikvision recording to Synology NAS. No complaints in almost two years. The model is DS-2CD2032-I (3M resolution) you can get them for about $100.

There will be no sneaking around at that house :) i am in a 2 floor apartment.

Back