Recommend settings 512gw

simonwwfc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw 1440 hd quad
hi all I haven't unboxed my 512gw yet as waiting for new firmware update to be done . This is my first dash cam and would like to hear from any other users/owners on recommend settings what to leave on or off , I'm a white van delivery driver doing around 8 drops a day so mostly used at work . Would u say to just inbox it and leave it on default settings ? As seen it has parking plus g sensor settings etc . Also after a few secs someone said screen goes black and mph speed is displayed is this a safety feature can this be turned off ?

Had mine for about a week now and happy with it. Yes you can set it so the screen goes off while driving, takes about a minute or less after switching on ignition. MPH display is on by default but it can be disabled in the menu, you can enter reg no. so it shows on the display/playback if you like. A few other options too but basicaly it is ready to use straight from the box.

Thanks for reply have you turned parking on or left it off as default . Also I've been advised to turn the g sensor setting to low as well ? Be nice when the other option off rear camera comes available as well in autumn . Also how do we no what each firmware update is or does as mine was on 6.05 now on 10.5

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 512GW 1
SGM26 512GW 3
Back