Recommendation for SD Card for B1W

clutchyamas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to purchase an SD Card for my new B1W and there are a lot of options. I've read through the forums quite a bit and I'm having a hard time getting a consensus pick for what works best. Can anybody recommend a card that tends to work best with this camera? I appreciate your help, I want at least a 64gb card but if I can go with a 128gb card without it causing problems I will.

Is the Samsung Pro Endurance a good pick or is there one that this camera seems to work the best with?

Thank you....

Suggest you Sandisk Ultra A1 card or Samsung High endurance card, 64Gb and 128Gb card are okay to work with, just remember to format the card in the APP for the first time usage!

The Samsung Evo Select or EVO plus does a great job in the B1W. I've run both 64GB and 128GB versions in it with zero problems.

Phil

Just wanted to add to this thread because it could help someone.

I've had issue with one of my cams intermittently not recording (green light solid) and then the last file on the SD card would get corrupted. I have tried 3 different SD cards, all Sandisks with the same issue.

Eventually I contacted the the seller and he sent me a replacement. Well, the same thing happened to the replacement.

Upon coming across this thread, I went out and bought a Samsung EVO 128GB from fry's. I then ran some speed test using H2TESTW and discovered my Sandisk Ultra Class 10 cards were only writing at 18MB/s, whereas the EVO and the Unirex were over 70MB/s. The Samsung and Unirex both has the U3 and U1 logo respectively, whereas the Sandisks do not.

Just thought this might help someone. Always make sure there's a "U" classification on the card that matches your device's needs.

Attachments

• 46d30f1d2b9303146abbf47d8ae24df5c4076fe3.png
    46d30f1d2b9303146abbf47d8ae24df5c4076fe3.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 22
Is your SanDisk Ultra card a new A1 type? The old type SanDisk Ultra card does not compatible with dashcam well according to Users' feedback!

Is your SanDisk Ultra card a new A1 type? The old type SanDisk Ultra card does not compatible with dashcam well according to Users' feedback!
Mine wasn't the A1. It's just "Sandisk Ultra XC1 Class 10."

The non "A1" SanDisk cards are known to give problems with dashcams and other video recorders. The newer "A1" types are very good for this.

Phil

I have the Blueskysea Dashcam For Some Years now.. and i have Noticed like every 6 Months i have To Replace The SD Card the Dashcam Starts To Beep Loud Or Saying SD Card Low Speed or Even Worse the Videos Wont Save in Order i find the Videos Missing not Exacly in Order. Does Any Body Has Faced This Issue ? Or know What Type SD Card is ths Best. Oh and i Been Using Samsung Evo Plus SD Card 32GB And 64GB

In the previous message, SawMaster indicated a card model that works well.
I have been using A1 for about 3 years without problems.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W B1W 4
C B1W 1
Y B1W 12
J B1W 2
S B1W 9
Back