Recommendation requested - 2 channel for a convertible

hbanzon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Folks -
First post here. I'm a dashcam newbie - I just had a incident where a person backed into my front-end while I was parked. He claimed I drove into him, which is complete nonsense. If I had a dashcam I'd be getting a new grille courtesy of his insurance.
So now I'm looking for a dashcam to avoid issues like this going forward. I would like a 2-channel cam, but the rub is that the rear channel must be weather proof. I have a convertible (Audi A5 cabrio) and cannot mount the camera in the rear window. Picture quality, night vision, wide-angle are also priorities. Parking buffering would be a plus.
What do you recommend?

Regards,
HB

we have an external waterproof camera coming but still probably about 8 weeks away, I think Blackvue has one but from memory it's quite large and probably not suitable for your type of vehicle (it's aimed at the truck market), not really aware of much else at the moment

Thanks jokiin. I'm actually chatting via email with Jon from SG US presales about this same topic. I might order the SG9663DC now and get the external camera when it comes out. Great service!

Back