Recommended memory card for Viofo 129

Makes no odds which cable end goes into with cam as the only difference is 1 end has a right angle and the other is straight, I had to do it the opposite way round as my heated rear windscreen wires came up to much for the straight end to go in so had to use the right angled end for the rear cam

Yeah, just what I'd expecting but since I'm reading that the USB cable that comes with the A129 seems to be a proprietary cable so I wasn't sure if interchanging both ends will produce any ill effect. But thanks for confriming!

DMW it doesnt make a difference as far as performance. You are correct on that. I made the mistake of following you or someone elses advice on that. But realized that is great for cars where the steering wheel is on the right side as it is in the UK. If you do this in the US, then the angled cable will be more noticeable to folks walking by your car.

DMW it doesnt make a difference as far as performance. You are correct on that. I made the mistake of following you or someone elses advice on that. But realized that is great for cars where the steering wheel is on the right side as it is in the UK. If you do this in the US, then the angled cable will be more noticeable to folks walking by your car.
First time I've talked about this cable so couldn't have been me, personally tho the way I've fitted mine with the cable technically the wrong way round fits tighter to the top of the window meaning it hides better than the other way round would mean the cam being roughly an inch further into the window and onto the heated wires covering the back window

I meant it may hide better in the back but for US cars it causes the cable to be more exposed in the front. The reason is in the US we mount the cam to the right of the rear view mirror not the left like you folks in the UK.

guys i need some help here, i bought the Samsung Evo 256 GB SDXC as per the recommendations knowing its among the best, but once i inserted it into the dash cam it almost immediately gave this error "Memory Card Error" I already reformatted it using the cam twice but still, tried formatting using PC FAT32, that didnt help, resetted the dash cam settings, no help, i already got the latest firmware isntalled v 1.5, can someone with the same card/capacity recommend a solution ??...

guys i need some help here, i bought the Samsung Evo 256 GB SDXC as per the recommendations knowing its among the best, but once i inserted it into the dash cam it almost immediately gave this error "Memory Card Error" I already reformatted it using the cam twice but still, tried formatting using PC FAT32, that didnt help, resetted the dash cam settings, no help, i already got the latest firmware isntalled v 1.5, can someone with the same card/capacity recommend a solution ??...
You can't format a big card using Windows you need to either use guiformat or another program along the lines of SDreformat/recover you will then be able to put it in cam and format it from there

@jokiin , can you comment if there's a difference if one purposely interchanges the right-angle and straight ends of the rear camera USB cable in such a way that the right-angle ends up in the rear camera? For most cables, it doesn't but I want to hear directly from the manufacturer to ease any doubts.

Thanks!

@jokiin , can you comment if there's a difference if one purposely interchanges the right-angle and straight ends of the rear camera USB cable in such a way that the right-angle ends up in the rear camera? For most cables, it doesn't but I want to hear directly from the manufacturer to ease any doubts.

Thanks!
Jokiin is with Street Guardian, not Viofo.

You can swap ends without any issue.

Ooops! So was it @viofo then?

Ok, got it. I'm wondering why they recommended that the right angle be at the front camera then. Just because of aesthetics, I presume?

Ooops! So was it @viofo then?

Ok, got it. I'm wondering why they recommended that the right angle be at the front camera then. Just because of aesthetics, I presume?
I think the 90 degree end at the front camera will make more sense for most people, so that’s the way it was labeled.

ease of installation, the cable is the same both ends so if you need to fit it the other way around to suit your setup is no issue

You can't format a big card using Windows you need to either use guiformat or another program along the lines of SDreformat/recover you will then be able to put it in cam and format it from there

I already did that, formatted with GUIFormat (FAT32 File System) inserted it to the dash cam, reformatted again, that didnt help either, am wondering why i was told to obtain a 256 GB SDXC card when it cant be recognized, unless someone has tried it and worked please share the steps to get it working...

Edit: I noticed while testing using h2testw i am getting this "Warning: Only 255898 of 255995 tested." Not sure if that's normal or not ??.

thanks,

Last edited:
samsung pro endurance or sandisk high endurance for viofo A129 Plus Duo? The former is max 128gb and later is 256gb,

I would probably go sandisk myself as I have had a samsung card fail in the past. They are both good manufacturers though so should be quite good. I recently bought 2 Sandisk 256 Extreme, maybe I should have paid the little extra for the endurance, I have to see how they go

Back