Recommended Parking Mode Settings

mogulbumm

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are you all setting your parking modes for in terms of FPS for the SG9663DCPRO?

I set mine at 24-hours with 30FPS (256GB card) with the main reasoning that I travel frequently and leave my truck at the airport for 1-2 days. My main concern is the camera basically running all the time and how that would affect it long-term.

Is it not recommended I leave that setting on unless I'm traveling? Would I be better lowering the bitrate on the Parking mode recording or would I be missing on the ability to capture possible details?

I know that much of this is "preference" but any best practice advice will be helpful for this Dashcam NewB.

Parking Monitor, I set to 30FPS so you get audio as well. It's lower bitrate than normal recording but looks just as great since it's a mostly static scene. (only newer firmware updates have the 30FPS choice)

I would have at least a 128GB card minimum. I use 512GB myself.

Shut Down Timer I currently have set to 30 minutes since I park in a secure private garage and don't want to punish my battery unnecessarily. The Maximum is 24H.

i got mine at 30fps for sound if needed and 3 hours timer for parking lots, rarely ever spend more than 3 hours at the shops.

I have mine on 5FPS with max time but I have dual batteries and a solar panel so going flat not really an issue.

Any "harm" in leaving it running at 24-hours (at least on occasion) other than wear/tear on card? Also, any advice as to what ideal voltage to set as the baseline on the hardwire adapter? I have a Ford F-150 with a pretty hefty battery but also live in New England and we have ALL seasons (sometimes same day) so we can certainly get sub-0 days in the Winter. Just don't want to ever be stuck with a dead battery or one low-enough to not start the truck.

In winter 12.2-12.4V, on summer 12.0V.
24h parking is fine as long as you drive enought to recharge your car battery.

30FPS parking mode, has audio, less bitrate, but still looks just as good
11.8V cutoff setting on the Hardwire Kit (I don't have any other stuff running, other than just the camera. your mileage may vary), doesn't deplete the battery enough to not be able to run the starter motor
12 hour monitoring before shutoff
Using a Samsung Evo 256GB card
60Hz rate

Back