Recommended Parking Modes for Longest Duration Recording?

wszeto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wanted to get people's input on what they may recommend as the most power efficient parking mode when the goal isn't necessarily quality of the video file, but duration (and thus least battery consumption).

I imagine either the time lapse 1 fps or low-bit rate options should be the ideal settings for this requirement? Right now I have the Viofo A129Pro Duo hardwired using the HK3 kit with the voltage cut off set to 12.2V on a new 2020 Lexus ES. The car isn't driven very often at this time but I really want to ensure parking mode is working when I need it to when I park in the city from time to time (as my previous car has been hit and run a few times already)

With V1.3 version, I have 24 hour park mode, same setup with 2.0, however still verifying if it worked reliable as the 1.3 version. I have max everything for parking mode, as it the most important feature. I have high sensitivity set for g force, motion, etc. So, lots of recording all night, front and rear, it includes animals, birds, people walking by, that come into view.

For this to work reliably, your car battery needs to be healthy 95 percent, when less, your voltage will drop gradually. Eventually meeting your HK3 criteria and shut down. Measure voltage only, won't tell an average user much. Battery sulphates, health of the battery dwindles. All the charging in the world or driving won't fix it, once it sulphates. (due to battery getting discharge to 50 percent or less.). If that is the state of the battery, then in the morning your camera is off and won't beep because of motion/g-force as you enter the vehicle. When I start up the vehicle, it will beep which is normal. (I have all beeps on). Reducing camera activity helps very little usually if your battery is sulphated.

The fix is to use a battery conditioner (I use NOCO G2600). It can take 4 hours to many days to fix it. Before I do that, I check the health, using my Battery Analyser Foxwell 715 and if it tells me to recharge or health battery is 85 percent, then I do the conditioner. As a result, every morning, when I approach the vehicle, cause motion, I can hear the camera beeping back and recording.

I have a Diesel truck and winter time there is a higher demand and requiring periodic conditioning.

With V1.3 version, I have 24 hour park mode, same setup with 2.0, however still verifying if it worked reliable as the 1.3 version. I have max everything for parking mode, as it the most important feature. I have high sensitivity set for g force, motion, etc. So, lots of recording all night, front and rear, it includes animals, birds, people walking by, that come into view.
Hi, the parking mode works well ?

Back